TheyWillLearn TheyWillLearn 22-25, F 15 Answers Jun 21 in Community

Takes too much time.

Best Answer

No it doesn't, people who think this way aren't parent material...

Best Answer

Which is fine because I do not have children.

Best Answer

That's doesn't work for every one and parents get tired of repeating themselves.

Best Answer

Again, it's not the kids fault that they weren't consistent with their teachings. This is why you have to show them who is in control at a young age and they can start off by not spoiling the child.

Best Answer

Well, like I said, that doesn't work everyone and as much as some people don't like it some if these kids need that belt.

Best Answer

Maybe they are tired of explaining

Best Answer

I've come to the conclusion that if parents are consistent with their teachings starting at a young age there should be no issues....

Best Answer

pfft... many kids dont work that way

Best Answer

No u are wrong.. Parents control kids and mould them..
Why do we see kids throw trantrums in malls.. It is wrong upbringing at the beginning...

Best Answer

I doubt you would know considering the possibility you haven't came across a parent like that before.

Best Answer

*opens a window*

Best Answer

LMAO! You act as if I've said something preposterous.

Best Answer

Because, sometimes, children aren't reasonable beings.

Best Answer

I wonder where they get that from.... non- consistent teachings perhaps?

Best Answer

They get that from being children.

Best Answer

Parents create the child basically, it's all in their hands how the child turns out. ''Maturity'' doesn't come with age....

Best Answer

Yes, maturity does come with age. How many children have you raised?

Best Answer

A 45+ woman publicity calls a baby ugly.....that's mature?

Best Answer

No, its not. How does that bear on our discussion?

Best Answer

It does come with age but it doesn't only come with age.....there are loads of kids/teens that have way more sense than a lot of adults I know....

Best Answer

I agree. I thought we were discussing discipline with young children. Hitting a teenager is counter productive. Sometimes, parents can be provoked into doing it by unacceptable behavior.

Best Answer

True but that can be avoided, that's my whole point. I feel like it shouldn't get to that point because a parent/parents screwed up, it's not fair to the child or society.

Best Answer

It isn't always the fault of the parent. Sometimes the worst parents have the best children and vice versa. You can't say that development is 100% nurture and 0% nature. Further parents are not the only influence on a child's life.

Best Answer

Yes, sometimes the worst parents have the best children. Most parents should know that they're bringing a child into this ''influential'' world, good parents would be as cautious as possible considering the fact they know this. Based off what I've seen/heard, a lot of parents fail to do that. They tend to let society raise their kids before they do.

Best Answer

What you are failing to take into consideration, I think, is that parents are human. They are fallible. They get tired, they get sick. They have needs of their own. Further, there comes a point when children need to learn and grow without a parent hovering over them every moment.

Best Answer

You do realize you don't need to be the PERFECT parent to raise a child with some decency right? You people make it seem harder than what it really is! YOU fail to realize that UNFIT parents bring children into this world everyday and you people REFUSE to blame the parents as if there is no such thing as BAD parenting. Besides that I'm done with this conversation.

Best Answer

Why are you such an angry person? I've engaged in a polite conversation with you. I never said there was no such thing as bad parenting. You say I make raising a child seem more difficult than it is? How many have you raised? What experience do you have? I would say that you lack maturity.

Best Answer

cause they dont have the patience to explain it

Best Answer

Is that an excuse?

Best Answer

I'm not opposed to physical discipline. Some kids just don't respond to verbal warnings/discipline.

Best Answer

Again, a result of inconsistency...

Best Answer

Agree.. Talk and reason out. Hitting doesnt work for long term in fact it causes the child be rebellious. Being parents are not just mumy or dady. There must be some quality in them to bring up a well brought up children..

Best Answer

THANK YOU!

Best Answer

My pleasure to share. I may not be the best parent as yet but i have brought up my two 17 and 16 yo daughters very well.. Up todate, they are my primary concerns..

Best Answer

''Primary concerns'' I LOVE IT!

Best Answer

I am a parent, and I clearly remember being a kid. When you explain, until you are blue in the face, and are ignored, it is time for stronger action.

Best Answer

Again, that's a result of bad parenting....not being consistent.

Best Answer

I don't believe you are in a position to judge that.

Best Answer

It's so funny, you people act as if you've never heard of or seen a bad parent before.

Best Answer

I have seen many bad parents. Those that impose no discipline on their kids are the worst. Those kids grow up with no respect for anyone or anything. They have not enough self discipline to obey societies rules or the laws of our land. Our prisons are full of them. So are our welfare offices, because they are to undisciplined hold a job.

Best Answer

I agree, but you are forgetting that kids can sometimes be wilfully disobedient even though they know it is wrong...there has to be a solid line where something more than talk is the consequence i.m.o

Best Answer

The child is spoiled....

Best Answer

quite possibly...I have no children, and I would be no serial child beater as a parent..but my children would know there is that line that should not be crossed with daddy, or else! and I would like to think they would be intelligent and well-rounded enough to never even want to try and find that line :-)

Best Answer

People say things like this after they've went wrong with their parenting...it's not the kids fault that you didn't show them from the beginning who was ''Boss''....

Best Answer

having the children know in a loving environment exactly who is in charge is exactly what I am saying

Best Answer

When a child doesn't understand, explanation is required, not discipline. When they know and willfully cross the line, discipline is required. However, you don't have to hit a child, ever.

Best Answer

Sounds like a spoiled child to me if you have to hit them....

Best Answer

Just easier that way

Best Answer

It makes them angry....it's better to tell them why so they know the consequences.

Best Answer

Cause ive had 8 beers and I wanna hit something goddamit.

Best Answer

Immature...

Best Answer

Sarcasm

Best Answer

Forgive them, for they know not what they do

Best Answer

BS.

Best Answer