I agree with a passage from a book I read long ago. Suffering is needless, brutal, and totally unnecessary. I see your point,but I would agree with the author.You know why ? Because I have had my share of suffering with a life-long chronic, often fatal disease. I've had it since I was 19 and I'm 51 years old now. Sure, for awhile I could garner some sympathy or recognition but the suffering I go through on a daily, hourly, minute by minute basis is useless and pointless. I will suffer until the day i die. Is this the good ,noble,character building,suffering you're talking about which I'm supposed to appreciate ? I would give anything for ten minutes of peace of mind. BUT... yes, for SOME PEOPLE suffering is good for them. Maybe it humbles them, makes them more tolerant and empathetic. SOME. Other people do their suffering and once it's mostly over get back to their lives of going to bars or chasing women .,UNCHANGED. I am not bad person or so people tell me. I am understanding and tolerant. Maybe suffering helped a LITTLE. But looking back I would not want have to go through what I've been through again.

Best Answer

Well thanks for the thought. Good luck to you.

Best Answer

I'm beside myself reading all those people who write thing like "suffering is beautiful" or suffering gives us a relative point of reference. Just utter nonsense, suffering is agony. Look around you people, do people who have suffered very little seem unhappy to you? Do people who are or have suffered plenty seem happy to you. The truth is suffering is the part of evolution that got us here. It teaches us to avoid painful situations and doesn't care how much things hurt as long as we learn to avoid pain. So please lets not pretend suffering is a blessing, instead have a walk through the cancer ward of a children's hospital and notice how it destroys lives and families.

Best Answer

suffering is beautiful, but some people feel like life owes them

Best Answer

Optimists.... Pshhh.<br />
I live for the heck of it. Everything hurts when it comes to suicide. Might as well try to be a better me, and do good things in the future.

Best Answer

Sex

Best Answer

i believe that life is suffering. Without suffering to compare to some's happiness then what would we be left with? black cannot exist without white to make the black seem dark. nor can white exist without black to stand next to it and make it look bright by comparison

Best Answer

It only has to be suffering if that is the way you see it. why do we live? For the experience of it if course! It doesn't have to be suffering if recognize it for the learning opportunity that it is.

Best Answer