BigbadGus BigbadGus 36-40, M 16 Answers Dec 23, 2012 in Hobbies

having a death wish isn't as popular as it use to be.

Best Answer

We live in a culture driven by fear. I personally believe that this is government driven propaganda. If you just look at the media the main topics are ba<x>sed on fear or distraction. Of course there is a risk involved in picking up a hitch hiker. The most likely reason that people need to hitch a ride is because they are down-and-out. I think that people view this culture of person as desperate. Desperate people do desperate things. However, I also think these views are what drive people to do what they do. To be oppressed by discrimination is a hard cross for a person or group to bear. Until we start treating each other in all areas as equals, things will only get worse.

Best Answer

I think you're probably right.

Best Answer

You cannot think that way. We need people to stand up, articulately and respectfully, for what is right. Without that, none of us have a chance.

Best Answer

P.S. I am sick of it, too.

Best Answer

Too many psychos out there...

Best Answer

I've been known to pick up someone walking, but I almost never see a person who is actually hitchhiking. And I've gotten to the point where I will only pick up a female, with a few exceptions. I also am more careful of that sort of thing when my son is in the car.<br />
I have found that many people will still offer a ride to someone that they see walking, especially if it's somewhere like on the highway or way out in the country.

Best Answer

They are perceived as losers and miscreants, so why take a chance?

Best Answer

They do, I'v been all over.

Best Answer

Why risk it? I imagine is what most people figure.

Best Answer

I have been known to, but as a lot of my driving is on Motorways I don't actually see that many

Best Answer

No compassion for anyone in need<br />
and because to many psychos running around....why chance being rapes or murdered

Best Answer

because you can't be sure what sort of person your picking up.

Best Answer

i do

Best Answer