Maybe you could call me sheltered but I sort of justify this through a hypothetical situation of 'if I had amnesia' unless of course this person tried to kill me or something equally serious a category... even then there are people that can forgive those types of people. why would I want to hang on to some memory about a specific situation long over with if it means I have a lower quality of life as a result.
travelingthinker travelingthinker 26-30, M 4 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in Health

I read that being unwilling to forgive is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to get sick.

Best Answer

Totally with you over grudges.

I think regret is perfectly normal and no big deal. We always wonder what B would've turned out like when we choose A - even if A is perfectly great. Human nature and not that negative. I see it more as healthy curiosity about the life you chose not to live.

Best Answer

I can see your point but what bothers me is when people (and I can be guilty of this too to be sure) have those "if only I" moments. Well you didn't have the same set of information back then, and you really wouldn't know for sure if that other choice would have turned out the way you wanted.

Best Answer