Black is a traditional mourning color, most people prefer to celebrate the life, rather than mourn the death...that and a lot of people request prior to their death no one wear black. (MY husband did..he said, "If they wear black...don't let them in.'

Best Answer

I thought they did. I did at a cousins funeral.

Best Answer

The wishes off the deced or the family

Best Answer

I think if you are not immediate family it is OK not to wear black, but look smart. Seen some pics of people attending funerals in the paper and you would think they were going out clubbing !!

Best Answer

When i wear black some "funny" people ask me if i have been to a funeral so i think people still think it is the chosen colour for a funeral.

Best Answer

whats wrong with work issue hi viz? oO

Best Answer

It just about causes a heat stroke in the summer to be wearing black at a funeral but I think it's mostly that we try to be more uplifted in our attitudes about death these days. And in some cultures other colors such as white are associated with death and we are a melting pot.

Best Answer

Cause its way too depressing!

Best Answer

Black is sooo depressing!

Best Answer

IDK

Best Answer