My experience in high school was that real critical thinking skills were only taught in higher level classes that most students didn't take, and the regular classes pretty much only taught memorization. The regular classes very dull on average. They probably ruined a lot of potential.
Neuroticrabbit Neuroticrabbit 18-21 13 Answers Dec 9, 2012 in Community

because they want to make a world of conformists and lack of innovation

Best Answer

I find that schools aren't even doing a good job of teaching the most basic skills let alone the rest of what people need, in order to get along in this world.

Best Answer

if it's not in 'text speak' will they even pay attention ????

Best Answer

70 years of Critical theory and Marxism with it's post modern belief that rationality and critical thinking is not a path to knowledge.

Best Answer

Exactly what l wonder too.

Best Answer

Well, speak for yourself. Maybe your schools don't, but fortunately Russian schools and unis still do.

Best Answer

...with NCLB...that ALL students will learn...all the focus on "standardized" testing...which all schools are graded with an API...& if it's not high enough...state takes over the school...you are in deep shitaki as a teacher if your scores aren't high enough and "standardized" implies...we fit all students into a "standard"...all similar...no diversity...IT SIMPLY SUCKS...thus, coming soon to your local educational institute is something called the "core standards"....and a new way to test that cultivates critical thinking....you are given a situation...rather than an a, b, c, d choice...I am ever hopeful...being a teacher of 8th grade...this is my 19th year...& the last decade has been brutal....

Best Answer

Even in higher education, you're given an assignment, told to do some research, then answer the essay/report to the criteria you're given. We're never really told to think for ourselves in society.

Best Answer

Schools are more into brainwashing students with liberal propaganda. Like singing songs of praise to Obama. Can't mention God, but can praise all glory to Obama. I pulled my children out, teachers are lazy, dumb, and just concerned over themselves. To call them public servants is a joke. They are grossly over paid, and spoiled.

Best Answer

Teachers have a hard thankless job to be honest. Back in the olden days, some teachers who did try to break the mould by teaching children the theory of evolution, going against the curriculum, were imprisoned by backwards bible belt mentalists. It works both ways.

Best Answer

Teachers are underpaid. My mom works her *** off every day, long after school hours. She hardly has any free time with her grading and lesson plans. Not only that, but she has to control poorly-behaved teenagers. Praises of Obama? I'm not sure what planet you live on.

Best Answer

I hope your children got enough of an education to escape from your ridiculous world view. Would you seriously prefer your children to believe in an imaginary, horribly malevolent 'father' than learn to think for themselves? Please stop breeding.

Best Answer

may be you are right. I even didnt understand what you mean by critical thinking skills. It must be smt wasnt given to me.

Best Answer

What I basically mean is a good level of skepticism and the ability to replace your old ideas in the face of evidence that proves them wrong. Critical thinking is especially good for recognizing scams and realizing hidden messages.

Best Answer