I've always wondered why..Here's why; A spider's web is built like a bicycle wheel, with an outer rim and spokes running to the centre, and then a spiral from the centre back out to the rim. The spiral is the only bit that is coated with glue - the spokes and outer rim are made from dry silk. The spider mostly avoids the sticky sections as it moves and it has very minimal contact with the web, in any case. On top of this, spiders constantly groom their legs to keep them clear of silk and glue. It is also hypothesised that some species may secrete oils to further lubricate their legs.
AcousticAnne AcousticAnne 26-30, F 4 Answers Jan 12 in Hobbies

I've just found another idiot that has blocked me. She answered this question, thanks for exposing another coward. :)

Best Answer

Her answer has been deleted, so I must have been right. :)

Best Answer

Glad to be of service...or not.

Best Answer

:D

Best Answer

Their feet are designed not to get caught up. But spiders can get caught up in their own webs if they lose their footing and fall over into it. But you will not see that very often.

Best Answer

spiders don't come in contact with their own webs, they have small hairs on the tips of their legs, that's what prevents them from sticking. plus, they clean themselves on a regular basis

Best Answer