alcohol doesn't count
onir onir 26-30, F 19 Answers Dec 22, 2012 in Community

yes, its called buttermilk in English O_o

Best Answer

that just sounds gross

Best Answer

have you tried it?? XD I think the actual name for it is Laban and it tastes like buttermilk...

Best Answer

well iranians call it dough

Best Answer

no, i havent. buttermilk is gross too.

Best Answer

We do, but call them 'soups' :-)

Best Answer

We have dough but it isn't drinkable. Unless you buy a beverage with dough. haha

Best Answer

Yep. Buttermilk.

We call it Chaanch in Hindi here in India.

Best Answer

t is horrid..they can have that to themselves..yuck. I didn't like it at all.

Best Answer

We do.

Best Answer

what is it called?

Best Answer

Vegetable juice.

Best Answer

i had a yogurt soda in a persian restaurant one time...it was so salty it had to be bad for my health

Best Answer

it is different when you make it yourself it will taste better plus i don't like the stuff myself just wanted ton know if others drink similar /same drinks

Best Answer

Never heard of Bovril??

Best Answer

no

Best Answer
Best Answer

without meat

Best Answer
Best Answer

i don't like vegemite

Best Answer

I give up, lol

Best Answer

Best Answer

I didnt think Iranians drank alcohol.I have an Iranian acquaintance and he says Iranians don't drink alcoholic beverages.

Best Answer

religious iranians don't

Best Answer

or aren't supposed to

Best Answer

are you a religious iranian?

Best Answer

yes, I'm a Baha'i

Best Answer

oh Bahai religion is pretty cool.I knew someone from that religions.They are persecuted by the muslims in iran that is what she told me and others have said the same.

Best Answer

yes it is true but by the government not all muslims are in on it

Best Answer

well ok but the government is made up of muslims,lets be honest here,.Ok well she fled iran to American and asked for political asylum to escape the persecution in iran.Those governments over there are not so tolerant.

Best Answer

yes true but I'm a Baha'i to you know my dad lost his possion as a highly regarded engineer and so we to fled doesn't how bad the situation for the individual we all went through similar triumphs, not all muslims are bad with Baha'i's and normal muslims need to be careful by other extremist muslims. but yes the government is muslim. but before the revolution the during the time of the shah was also muslim /islamic but with freedom of choices

Best Answer

I remember the Shah of Iran i was young but I remember reading about him.I think the government of iran was better when it had a shah over what they have now.

Best Answer

I believe so to

Best Answer

which country did you migrate to if you do not mind me asking!

Best Answer

Australia

Best Answer

Oh ok thats a great country to live in.I have had some Australian friends that have moved to America.

Best Answer

oh ok that is nice
whats your Baha'i friends name first and last name if you don't mind me asking?

Best Answer

oh no I met someone from the Bahai faith a long time ago.I have only ever met one.I do not remember her name but my muslim acquaintance name is Mahmud i believe is how you spell his name.He no longer practices any religion but says he is open to learning about Christianity.

Best Answer

In Turkey they call it ayran. Very comforting! I would love the chance to visit Iran, but I'm American. I tried once to get a visa, but I was told I was not allowed to stay in a friends home (mandated hotel stay) and had to have an "official government guide" accompany me every time I left the hotel. No joke.

Best Answer

wow I didn't know that

Best Answer

things like V8 and warm broth are savory drinks

Best Answer

Iranians also have savory women... Persian gals rock!

Best Answer