why are we so hard on ourselves? why can't we see ourselves as favorably as others do?
jerrica jerrica 41-45, F 27 Answers Apr 16, 2009

Its because we know us. When we look at ourselves there is nothing special because we have seen us do what we do all the time. When someone else looks at us they see all the things that we do naturally and think that its great because it is not normal to them and it is amazing that it is natural for us.

Best Answer

Because they have different baggage.

Best Answer

one irony of life, I guess. we always assume we're lesser than what we really are. and there are things about us that only others see, or they see more than we do.

Best Answer

because we know more clearer about ourselves than the others. The surface we have created seems effective when people see us by the way we wanna them see

Best Answer

As they say, "we are our own critics". I see myself as one person and everyone else sees me a completely different person.

Best Answer

we don't have their eyes

they don't see us the way we see ourselves for the same reason

Best Answer

Bc we know ourselves the best ! Others dont know how is the "real" us inside but we do ! ;)

Best Answer

Because they cant see whats going on inside our heads!.

Best Answer

It's all about perceptual filters. We all gather them through learned biases on what you choose to process from the glut of information that is around you all the time. It makes us notice different things, and well, think of things differently. It's all relative to the individual "viewer".

Not everyone views themselves as poor compared to everyone else. Tons of people over estimate themselves. That is a distribution related thing, like height on a Gaussian curve.

My personal answer is that we don't view ourselves as others do, because we wouldn't be able to stand it.

Best Answer

each person is the culmination of his or her life experiences. that's why you see yourself differently than those around you.

Best Answer

sometimes ppl dont know what we been through or the real environment around us only we see the bigger piture of ourselves. we are our own worst enemy and our best friends. I guess when we finally like who we are as a whole person it wornt matter what anyone else thinks till then good luck hun and dont be too hard on urself xx

Best Answer

Wow! Great question. I don't know why, but this is something to ponder.

Best Answer

When someone says something good about us,we need that to sink in and stop beating our self up.We are no doubt a big part of our own problems.I'm not sure what we are trying to prove, take that heavy load of worry and through it away.Lets not for get beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.as well as many others.

Best Answer

I know that for me I am the only one who knows the person that is not so perfect. I know the deepest darkest places in me that hold experiences and choices I would rather forget but cannot. So it is that, I believe that makes me see my worst and not what others see in me. Am I perfect? Heck no!! But I am a good person despite the things I have done :-)

Best Answer

oom i thinking that this time i shall ask them that they give me their eyes for some days..

:)

Best Answer

Because we (all) have perceptual filters in place, set there by Ego (Personality).

To see WHAT IS THERE, one has to get clear of that programming, stay in the Present Moment, and simply observe, without judgement.

Best Answer

I am nice to everybody. I am a special person. it can be true that people can see people in a different way.

Best Answer

Everyone sees differently

Best Answer

I used to feel that if people really looked at me, stared into my eyes, that they would find things about me that they did not like. A lot of this was caused by my upbringing. Mom used to tell people that I was the perfect child. That she never knew I was around. Even back then I would disappear into myself. As I got older so many people assumed that I was stuck up and self involved when I just wanted to fit in. Now the only peoples opinions that matter to me are those that I love and that love me. Some people like me and some people do not and that is just life. I don't worry about this anymore.

Best Answer

I thin I am over-critical of myself at times.. but really I know who i am, I just have a hard time admitting to myself... I guess I got used to what people (parents, teachers, etc..) told me about who I am.. and I started making these suggestions to myself.. started hating myself, feeling no good.. I have failed to help people i should have helped.. i guess i just wanted to puynish myself for not being what the childhood me wanted me to be,,, I let him down.

Best Answer