Opiah1 Opiah1 18-21, M 99 Answers May 13, 2012

I believe Jesus probably existed. I do not believe that he had magic powers, was the son of a deity, or was necessarily a good person. I am not going to worship a dead guy who we have very little factual information on. The Bible is not a collection of facts but rather a collection of oral stories shared by people for hundreds of years before they got a chance to write it down. A lot of those stories were most likely greatly exaggerated and have no relevance to modern days. Sorry, but that's true.

Best Answer

You are entitled to your opinion. But blessed are those who cant see but believe.

Best Answer

Either everyone is blessed or everyone is not blessed. The bible, written by people, stipulates that all humans are god's children. Therefore, there aren't favorites. Believing that blind faith is somehow holier or better than seeking for truth in evidence is delusional at best. The way I see it, if you believe god made humans and god gave humans the ability to reason, to refuse to use that ability to reason and that ability to search for evidence is a slap in the face to your god.

Best Answer

I am not so suprise at the answer. the bible you so much despise has already spoken about some of you guys. interestingly those who have taken time to study the bible came to realise that, it has been the only accurate book on earth. all it predicted came true and are still coming true. Go and look at certain portions of the Bible and you will know that Jesus somes it all. This Jesus is not a dead guy.. He is alive and still lives... Rev 1:18 says,I am the living one! I was dead, but now I am alive forever and ever. I have authority over death and the world of the dead. His words are not mere oral stories but life. He answers every need of all times in all ages, whether acient or modern, Look deep into your heart and you will see your emptiness..... Jesus Saves

Best Answer

The bible isn't fact, that's already been proven by archaeologists. It was written by people hundreds of years ago. I don't hate it because there's nothing to hate. Obviously you hate the answer because the bible isn't factual. Isn't it odd that the bible is in direct contradiction to every other established fact about the world and about Jesus? It doesn't even agree with other religious texts. Jesus is DEAD. He has decomposed and was buried in a GRAVE which is for DEAD PEOPLE. Again, the bible is not a fact. What do you think about Scientology? You know that was all based on a Science Fiction novel, right? Well, to those people that Sci-Fi novel is a FACT despite the fact that it contradicts reality just like the bible does. If you want to continue to believe that Jesus is holy, there is nothing stopping you, but don't try to claim that the bible is a fact in anything. There are plenty of religious people who understand that the bible is just a collection of stories passed down for hundreds of years before anyone wrote them down and still celebrate their belief in god and Jesus. You don't have to be totally delusional in order to be religious.

Best Answer

There is no historical evidence suggesting that he actually existed.

Best Answer

yes there is duh

Best Answer

no, there isn't

Best Answer

All the evidence is antedated, stories written 300 years after his supposed death, but that is moot because there is no god to be the son of.

Best Answer

Lmfao, no there isn't. Duh.

Best Answer

No, there really is evidence that he existed. His grave was found along with a piece that suggested that it was Jesus of Nazareth's grave. Jesus was a fairly common name at the time along with Mary and Joseph, but there was a Jesus of Nazareth.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070226-jesus-tomb.html

Best Answer

Check out "The Jesus Mysteries" and you'll be singing a different tune.

Best Answer

Actually, that's incorrect. We have lots of evidence he existed.

Best Answer

No, there are many extant documents written within a few decades of his death. More than for any other historical event before the 10th century. Please check your facts.

Best Answer

There are no facts to check, sir. Don't try to make me believe in something I know for a fact doesn't exist.

Best Answer

Oh, within a few decades, well that sounds reliable.

Best Answer

*likes*

Best Answer

There is a ton of evidence about the historical existence of Jesus. Google non Biblical sources for the historical existence of Jesus Christ and see for yourself.

Best Answer

I'm glad none of you are so compelled by your own arguments to actually link me to your internet "proof". Now do shut up, I don't actually care what you believe, so try not to care what I believe.

Best Answer

Take a chill pill dude. You can't get upset about the response you get when, you openly speaking YOUR opinion in a public forum. That being said, I don't believe that he was the son of god, because I don't believe in Santa Claus. However, there is substantial proof that the dude himself did exist. And while it may not be ironclad evidence, there are many historical figures that are accepted as existing, on the same amount or less evidence.

Best Answer

There is also substantial proof of evolution, but people still CHOOSE not to believe it ever happened. Now, THAT being said, the fact that I don't feel like having anymore conversation about something that I don't believe in doesn't mean I need to chill out, or that I was even remotely upset.

Best Answer

As Muslims this isn't a part of our belief, we totally believe in Jesus as a messenger of Allah, but not his Son. . And Allah in his holy Quran has mentioned :<br />
He neither produces offspring nor is born (112: verse 3)

Best Answer

Lem yelid wa lem yuled. He is neither begotten nor has he begotten. Thanks for this answer.

Best Answer

exactly :)

Best Answer

you are misssing... look into your Quran and You will see the big testimony it has about Jesus... Jesus is the Son OF God

Best Answer

Where does it say in the Quran that Jesus is the Son of God? Which Chapter and verse? I have never read this in the Quran. There is a chapter in the Quran about Mary and Jesus. Chapter 19 Miriam it says that Jesus is the son of Mary.

Best Answer

Actually I read quran (almost daily) and I never found such testimony !!!! So as you are very sure about it , please update me with the number of verse and chapter . . I can tell without doubt that there is something you didn't get correctly about such testimony . .

Best Answer

coz He God Himself denied it in his Holy Quraan He sent To Muhammad (pbuh)! Why dont you just believe!

Best Answer

Do you have any proof for that assertion or just some dumb book to point to?

Best Answer

because the koran isn't true

Best Answer

another man made book by a self-proclaimed prophet like Joseph Smith

Best Answer

no HUMAN BEING can come with such a thing! There are amazing delicate scientific info that are only discovered by recent modern technology and advanced cosmo exploration! I hope you just read into it with a sportive spirits, away from fanatism and blind rejection, then build your own conclusion! Anyway, Quraan is the gift of God that no human being could modify even an accent into it! You take it you get the blesses in it! You leave it, you miss them! Thats all!

Best Answer

that is not polite to refer to this great book as dumb! You are the dumb!

Best Answer

whether you say Quraan is true or not true, that wouldnt change of its reality! I hope you just give ur soul a chance and learn more about it!
Www.islamreligion.com
good luck!

Best Answer

that scientific info stuff is totally misleading............such scientific info is present in bible also which antedates quran....such scientific info is available in ancient hindu scripts which antedates both bible and quran by thousands of years. those ancient scriptures are written in a language which is most compatiable with modern day computers in comparision to any other language living or dead. similarly ancient MAYANS, AZTECS and INCAS have vast body of scientific knowledge in their books. its a popular fallacy created by theologist

Best Answer

ok! Quraan is not the only book sent by God! Muhammad is not the only prophet! All God's messengers and Holy books are sent to free people from the evil spirit grib of satan! It doesnt surprise me that these folks got advantages of the Holy Books sciences and gems and used in their practical life! That doesnt replace the fact of God's ultimate power of creation and perfection! If you dont believe, you only make us soul an easy prey for satan to mess with! Satan is ur biggest enemy who took you from the heavens of paradise to earth because Adam listened to him !! What we "humans" are haughty and show off for, is our great power of mind and will! It was the gift God gave to us as a previlege and so asked the angels in heavens also the satan to kneel to this now great creation (humans) satan was envious and jealous and catty and sweared to spoil human race with sins and greed also haughtiness!
I have nothing for myself to write this! Its up to you to have this chance and make it a better view for things! God bless!

Best Answer

I believe in Jesus as a Prophet and messenger sent by God to warn and help the people. God has not got a son or a mother. He has no partners or family. To produce a son is a human act. God has not had any sexual contact with anyone to produce a son. <br />
Adam was also the first man and the first prophet but not the son of God. If Adam is not the son of God then Jesus isn't either. Wake up Christians and start thinking logically. In Islam 1 = 1 (One God) in Christianity 1 = 3 and 3 = 1 (Holy Trinity) This is not mathematically correct. God does NOT need a partner, a son or any one to help him or to strengthen Him. God is strong enough alone to sustain the worlds. I am an ex-Christian. I woke up to the logic of Islam.

Best Answer

And you have reliable evidence that Allah/God exists?

Best Answer

there is no logic in Islam when they refuse to believe the word of God himself

Best Answer

janife i would disagree......there is nothing in shades of blk and white in this world and hence there is no reason to believe that there is only one god. science clearly states at least the duality of everything in this world. if you study the history prior to advent of prophet muhhamed (pbuh) allah was commonly worshipped god and he had a daughter too which was worshipped. prophet muhammed directed one city to stop worshipping the daughter of allah if they didnt want to be destroyed by his armies. there are clearcut written records of this event. infact monotheism was tool used by astute prophet muhhamed. further if you study the sociological enviorns then its totally clear that concept of monotheism originated in tribal societies which had very little to call as civilisation. the concept of monotheism was palatable only in tribals who needed and survived in simpler belief systems.(12 tribes of jews n tribes of arabia). when islam and christianity moved to more civilised areas they modified the concept of monotheism and allowed minor deities or deity like beings which was more suitable in then civilised world. you will find numerous tombs of muslim saints being worshipped all over asia to the great satisfaction of local muslims in asia. logically speaking if the islamic monotheism was such a good and accurate thing then why did it need the support of islamic armies to spread islam??? there is no state in this world which has accepted islam on its own.......it has always been forced down by the victorious islamic armies over the subjugated people. its illogical to say that a religion which is theoretically very peaceful would need force to spread. there is no religion in this world which used force to spread itself. islam is the only exception. all other religions who used force, actually used it at a later stage to protect themselves. islam is the only exception which used force to ensure its spread from the very begining of its origin. there are religions like buddhism which totally abhor the use of violence and still survive very well

Best Answer

There is plenty of evidence of christianity using force to gain converts. The inquisition used plenty of force. The Albigensian crusades of the middle ages killed hundreds of thousands of people because they were against the orthodoxy. The conquest of both North and South America was done at least part on religious grounds.

Best Answer

We are all children of "god"

Best Answer

Just as I said.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

Being God's daughter, I should know.

Best Answer

When you look at the story logically, it makes about as much sense as Santa Claus.

Best Answer

totally so

Best Answer

i do and everyone shoulddddd

Best Answer

I believe in logic and reason. Not an old book that's full of sexist, racist, homophobic, contradictory and illogical stories.

Best Answer

Which book are you talking about?

Best Answer

Because there is no compelling reason to believe that.

Best Answer

Respectfully I am not being judgmental on your beliefs, but for me I do not accept things that was wrote down by man as truth!

Best Answer

absolutely.........there is nothing divine about the religious books........all of them were compiled by someone else except the concerned prophet who put in their own views n belief systems in them. if you go throgh the ancient religion of zoroaster.....its central tenet is that " what i am saying now is correct to the current situation, however with changing times you can change or modify what i am saying now to suit the existing situation". very enlightened commandment indeed.

Best Answer

Then believe in your conscience.

Best Answer

I do not know whether you believed what your teachers taught in school, because they were all written down by men as truth. but i know you believed it when they told you the sun rises from the east to the west, which is not so... but this is not suprising because the bible said things of the spirit are foolishness to natural, carnal men and women. it is only descerned by the spiritual man........ JESUS SAVES AND HE IS ALIVE

Best Answer

The Israelites se him. The trembled before him at Sanai! They followed many of his laws. Yet like many of you they were spiritually blinded and rejected him as you do. The Almighty declared that had there been no prophets nor the Word that His creation alone declared His Glory enough to convince man of God.

Best Answer

Man wrote the bible, man worshipped the sun, moon and everything else he didnt understand. There have been many gods over the years and if you look closely you will see that Jesus wasnt the only one written down to be the chosen one.<br />
Take a look at Joseph and Jesus, here are the similarities as I feel he was to be the chosen one but they changed it to Jesus.<br />
- Both were the the favorite son of a wealthy father: Gen. 37:3, Matt. 3:17<br />
- Both were rejected and hated by their brothers;<br />
- Both were sold for the price of a slave: Gen. 37:28, Matt. 26:15<br />
- Their brothers conspired to kill both of them; Joseph eventually was not killed, Jesus was; <br />
- Joseph reconciled with his brothers, and soon he raised them to honors, Jesus did the same, he died for our redemption;<br />
- Joseph fed with bread all the people in the 7 years of shortage, Jesus is the "bread of life"of Jn.6:48-58; Bethleham means House of bread<br />
- Joseph was the Savior of his people and of the gentiles, Jesus, the Savior of all mankind, in an eternal dimension; <br />
- Both loved those who hated them, pardoning them, and even raising them to honors: Gen.50:20, Matt. 5:44<br />
- Both were shepherds: Gen. 37:2, John 10:11-14<br />
- Both were taken into Egypt to avoid being killed: Gen. 37:28, Matt. 2:13<br />
- Both began their ministry at the age of thirty: Gen. 41:46, Luke 3:23<br />
- Both were filled with the Spirit of God: Gen. 41:38, Luke 4:1<br />
- Both were humble and unspoiled by wealth: Gen. 45:7-8, John 13:12<br />
- Both loved people freely: Gen. 45:15, John 13:34<br />
- Both gained the confidence of others quickly: Gen. 39:3, Matt. 8:8<br />
- Both gave bread to hungry people that came to them: Gen. 41:57<br />
- Both resisted the most difficult temptations: Gen. 39:8-9, Heb. 4:15.<br />
- Both were given vision into the future: Gen. 37:6, Matt. 24:3.<br />
- Both were hated for their teachings: Gen. 37:8, John 7:7<br />
- Both were falsely accused: Gen. 39:14, Mark 14:56<br />
- Both were silent before their accuser: Gen. 39:20, Mark 15:4<br />
- Both were condemned between two prisoners: Gen. 40:2-3, Luke 23:32<br />
- Both were not recognized by their own brethren: Gen. 42.8, Luke 24:37.<br />
- Both became a servant: Gen. 39:4, Phil. 2:7<br />
- Both became a lord / Lord: Gen. 45:8, Rev. 19:16.<br />
- Many were saved because of both. Gen 50:20

Best Answer

What passage of scripture do you cite that man wrote the bible. Where ?

Best Answer

I do believe it.

Best Answer

I do not believe that Jesus is the son of god because I do not believe that there is a god.

Best Answer

Why are churchies so worried about bullying everyone else into thinking what they think?

Best Answer

because god has everything, if he wanted anything, he will create it<br />
he has the power to control and deal with everything, he is the owner of us<br />
why do u think he needs a son? <br />
the question is, if god has a son, i believe he must have parents too<br />
then this doesnt make sense to me? <br />
god is the one and only, he created us, and created jesus and marry, we are all under his power<br />
he loves us, he treats us in the best way! thats why we dont need a savior, god has all the mercy that will make us dont need the saviors help!

Best Answer

beacuse the god as he exists in all religions doesnt have complete control over this world. His evil counterpart called DEVIL or SATAN exerts a lot of control over the significant part of world population and god has to constantly fight DEVIL to prove his superiority. if GOD in any religion was so powerful then he shd have completely destroyed the SATAN for better life for his flock. Either the god is unwilling to do so or is incapable of doing so......either answer is going to go against the very concept of godhood

Best Answer

God doesn't violate the freedom he granted men or any other creature such as the angels who rebelled. But when He say "ENOUGH" it 's over. He's so patient so we have time to repent of our actions before He comes to judge.

Best Answer

Why don't I believe...because I though for myself, weighed all the evidence and came up with the undeniable conclusion that the whole system was man made. God did not make man in his own image. I do not accept anything on Faith. Everything has evidence or it does not exist. Man made God in his own image to act as a social control vehicle. In times of lawlessness, when the time of man was young, there were no police so controlling society fell upon those who were literate. The ruling elite created laws and sold them to the masses as the word of an all seeing, all knowing deity. In that way societies began to form ba<x>sed on a common ideology of peace and cooperation. Those that did not conform were eliminated. Those that did were accepted. If you believe in any one of them, you must accept that ALL of them may exist. That is unreasonable so NONE of the exist. <br />
There is no God.

Best Answer

what about dinasours? they were living on this earth before man! where did they came from?

Best Answer

I don't know.

Best Answer

and which god they worshipped?

Best Answer

Sounds Marxist-Leninist doctrine.

Best Answer

Perhaps they were creatures of another world destroyed before the earth was formed.

Best Answer

To believe in Jesus I would have to believe in the god of Abraham. I would have to believe in a God with human traights like vengefulness and jealousy. I would have to believe that there was an all knowing deity that  created man knowing that man would fail the temptation put before him and that he would send his only son to be tortured and murdered to pay for our sin.  Who is actually being paid I dont know.  I can't figure out why God would have to be paid for his forgiveness, either.  I would have to believe in a God that had a chosen people. I would have to believe in a God that basically set the tribe of Israelites loose on "the promised land", telling them to take the land and he was on their side and that killing anyone that got in their way was ok. I would have to believe a God that would give mankind dominion over the world and allow us to rape and plunder it the way we have.  So for me, it isn't so much just believing in Jesus, after all; love and forgiveness sounds like a pretty good message to me, it is accepting a God that is mean and full of anger that gives me a problem. It is believing in a God that has the power to end suffering but chooses not to.<br />
I have plenty of reasons not to believe in Jesus and I haven't even gotten to the whole virgin birth, thing. Thanks. I appreciate you asking.

Best Answer

that is the absolute truth and the core of the matter.

Best Answer