Monotheists believe that the condensed matter responsible for the big bang had a cause, whereas Atheists believe it has existed forever since it is infinite. Einstein says: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." — Albert Einstein There he said he's "not sure" the universe is infinite, he knows it had a beginning and an end. Also, it is not possible for matter to create itself.
Bannedforyoursins Bannedforyoursins 70+, M 14 Answers Dec 14, 2012 in Religion

"Monotheists believe that the condensed matter responsible for the big bang had a cause, whereas Atheists believe it has existed forever since it is infinite."<br />
That's simply not true. Atheists have all sorts of varying ideas about the origin of the universe, as do religious people.

Best Answer

Monotheist and Atheist don't mean the same thing dude.

Best Answer

Currently there are only two monotheistic groups: Muslims and Deists.

Best Answer

What on earth gave you the impression that I thought otherwise? Do you mean monotheist and "religious" don't mean the same thing? Either way, doesn't address my point -- there is no consensus among atheists as to the origins of the universe.

Best Answer

I agree. But they reject a deity which in turn brings up the fact that they believe the universe was infinite. Galileo the pro astronomer said it was finite, meaning it had a creator and an end.

Best Answer

"Atheism" is a rejection of a personal, sentient god (at least that's what most people who call themselves atheists mean by it) -- the question of overlap with Deism is an arguable one. The theory that the universe was brought into existence by some force or other is entirely compatible with that kind of atheism, as long as whatever that force was it wasn't the action of a sentient being.

Best Answer

Oh keyword 'sentient'. Where does that leave agnostics?

Best Answer

Same place they always are, sitting on the fence :P But seriously, I think the distinction between agnosticism and atheism is largely a semantic one based on a misinterpretation of the nature of knowledge. Atheists claim "we can't know if there's a god or not, so we see no reason to believe" while agnostics claim "we can't know if there's a god or not, so we plead ignorance".

Best Answer

The phrase "to plead ignorance" means "to claim not to know something".

Best Answer

Quote Albert Einstein , Science without religion is Lame , Religion without science is Blind .<br />
Try this link , http://www.deism.com/einstein.htm <br />
EP Support Volunteer paschar

Best Answer

Who cares? If Einstein were alive and one asked him to ob<x>jectively prove whatever his deity beliefs were, he would admit he could not. Puts him in the same boat as any other possible theist deist whatever. Appealing to authority is just that...an appeal. Who cares?

Best Answer

Looks like both atheists and theists would feel better if they could recruit good old Albert in their camp. Isn't this just another clear case of committing a fallacy named appeal to authority?

Best Answer

I think what it trying to be conveyed is that people who believe in God are typically more apt to achieve greatness than those who have no strong beliefs in anything at all.

Best Answer

Atheism is system of beliefs and it can be as strong as any other beliefs. But you are right to some degree. Greatness is never an individual achievement and societies were always more "apt" to recognize greatness if the ruling system of belief wasn't questioned by whoever wanted to say something important.

Best Answer

The more he discovered the more his faith grew. We only know a tiny portion of what is out there for ex sea, body, universe..Etc.

Best Answer

You don't need some circuitous scientific justification to prove Einstein believed in a God--he said he did. Matter closed. Doesn't mean he was correct, though.

Best Answer

He was agnostic.

Best Answer

I beg your pardon sir , Einstein was german not jewish .

Best Answer

Germans can't be agnostic?

Best Answer

Agnostic is defined as Not Knowing , unsure , theroy / Einstein knew quite a bit .

Best Answer

Or for matter to go about ordering itself into star systems, stars, planets, life. Like where did all those physical laws come from that govern the universe? How did they just magically appear?

Best Answer

That my friend, is deism. The start of Islam too. Though deism is not a religion, it has pure monotheism in it.

Best Answer

Most of the smartest minds in history have a belief in a higher being, the people who today run our world, have a belief in a higher being, yet the plebs of society who call themselves atheists, know better above all of them, ofcourse..

Best Answer

Well, that proves it. I'm converted.

Best Answer

Like Newton and Galileo!

Best Answer

Dude, are you leaving Atheism just like that? I can't believe that. On Yahoo Answers I've given countless other BETTER proofs and people still stayed stubborn.

Best Answer

Nope, that did it. If the kind of geniuses who become world leaders are religious, clearly atheism must be wrong.

Best Answer

No!! I'll give you a better reason to convert! It is simply because we know the creator is intelligent. He also is all knowing since he knew what he was making without having to recreate. That's what monotheism is. Btw, if you convert because of 'past geniuses' think about the people that'll convert to Christianity because they think Hitler is cool! You should look into the prophets instead!

Best Answer

PervertedPope, he's being a smug ****, stupidity cannot be cured, ignore it.

Best Answer

ignore "it"? Would that be referring to your mother?

Best Answer

oh sorry wrong line.
HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT THE PERVERTED POPE? BY THE ORDER OF THE 6000 YEAR OLD FLAT EARTH YOU SHALL BE BEHEADED FOR BLASPHEMY

Best Answer

I was talking to the other guy you were talking to actually, but your reply's show your true colours.

Best Answer

"true colours"? RACISM! Now I know that since you're racist, you must be a brit, since all racists are either brits or aussies.
loljk I found out from the way you spelled "colors"

Best Answer