It disgusts me. Just be yourself and be happy! I am happy for you! Carry on what your doing great! As long as your a good mum, that is all that matters. Pat on the back for your coping so well on your own. I admire you!

Best Answer

Thanks Nadine! I'm not a single mum, I'm still with my daughter's father. But I feel even more sorry for the single mums out there.

Best Answer

I really hate peoples auto-judgements. When I had my daughters I was married, had a nice home and my husband was bringing in enough money that I didnt need to work. We had dinner parties and were well respected etc etc. He goes has a premature mid life crisis and moves in with another woman and goes out partying and all of a sudden I'm a single parent. People assume I must be stupid, had kids to get a house and benefits had comments from shop keepers about how much things cost as if I couldnt afford them, people assuming I lived in the rough area of town and that my girls had different fathers.<br />
There is such stigma and people never stop to think that sometimes it isnt always how they think it is. I had a friend whos husband died when their baby was 1 week old and she had to face the single parent stigma too from people that didnt know her circumstances. People are far to quick to judge and incredibly slow to listen

Best Answer

Because some people are sad and judgemental. I mean it matters so much my last name and my partner's is different doesn't it? Our daughter has both. As if that means we're any less committed!!

Best Answer

Exactly Gem. I've been with my partner for over 13 years now (longer than most marriages).

Best Answer

you had children out of wedlock???<br />
..............<br />
You disgust me ¬¬

Best Answer

LOL. ;o)

Best Answer

lol :]

Best Answer

I think it's because some people don't value variety as much as other and they believe that the only way you can be happy and have a solid set of values is by making the choices they deem to be right.

Best Answer