It happens to nearly Everyone. its happen to me know its happening to my friend. you fall in love, and for a moment you see yourself spending the rest of your life with that one person. then reality hits and you realzie your not ment for each other. if you both agree and accept it .you end things with no hard feelings. Remain friends then suddenly one begins to ignore the other. But why?even if you've moved on. why can't you be friends or at least say we can't be friends?
sinistergirl sinistergirl 26-30, F 8 Answers Aug 29 in Dating & Relationships

Fear of commitment and fear of giving in to others' wants and in the midst losing control.

Best Answer

I think some people start to ignore the other person because they feel some pain with each interaction. The interactions become aversive and after a while, they'd prefer to avoid any connection whatsoever.

I think I've been guilty of ignoring my sister's ex-husband. Even though they ended their relationship amicably, I avoid any eye contact with him when I see him in public, because if we do start talking, I'm afraid I'm going to start swearing at him for how poorly he treated my sister. So I guess one reason I ignore is because there is so much to say that cannot be said. It cannot be said because the other person wouldn't take it in anyway and that might increase resentment or because saying nothing is better than bringing to the surface old hurts.

Boy did I ramble on....sorry :)

Best Answer

I've wondered that too.

Best Answer

I see

Best Answer

Here's how I feel. If I had any romantic feelings with someone just to find out they only wanted to be friends. I would say no. I'm not going to be friends with a mistake. I would speak up about that though. I can see someone simply choosing to ignore the situation if they want to avoid conflict.

Best Answer

Just because you were almost compatible as lovers, doesn't mean that you would be compatible as friends. It's an entirely different relationship. The lucky ones get to fall in love with their best friend.

Best Answer

The one should simply say we can't be friends

Best Answer

Very true.

Best Answer

The only logical explanation would be to treat it as a test.

Best Answer

So how do you pass this test?... and whats being tested? Loyalty, patients?

Best Answer

Whatever floats thy boat.

Best Answer

Fear is the cause of this

Best Answer

Fear of what?

Best Answer

I don't know feelings are simple but how we manage them is complicated... Maybe it was her influence

Best Answer