06mickey 06mickey 22-25 8 Answers May 28, 2009

Chronic loneliness can be a symptom of certain conditions...(Borderline Personality Disorder)....I disagree with the notion that you choose to be this way....you may not be motivated to change your situation, but, I am sure you don't want to be lonely....(lack of motivation can also be a symptom of depression, also connected to BPD)...

I'd go talk to a counselor....they can help you sort through your feelings....and get to the bottom of it...because you obviously are having trouble identifying the cause, if you can't figure out why you're lonely....God Bless.

Best Answer

You are lonely because you want so. lol

Even if you don't consciously think you have chosen that.

You've made your choice on a much deeper level.

Looks like you like to be lonely and ask questions in here about why you are lonely. :-)

Loneliness is an inner state of consciousness, and it has nothing to do with whether you are alone or between people.

Best Answer

for me, I feel lonely when I am not feeling connected to myself and others. The minute I disconnect from myself I feel lonely. For example, if its a beautiful sunny day and I see families and couples out and about and I am alone, I abandon myself and make it wrong that I am not in a couple. The minute I do that I feel lonely. It doesn't matter how many friends I have. However, if I feel fine about just being with me I don't feel lonely. Bottomline for me is that its al about connection to myself. But there are special cases where its plain old normal to feel lonely like the ending of a relationship.

Best Answer

I have two chronic illnesses and with that comes depression. Most of my friends are married and I have a very uneventful life. I am also lonely, but that is because I don't go out and try to meet new people. I moved to a larger city and I don't know many people. The people I do know have significant others and I don't want to be just someone who is tagging along. To tell you the truth, I'm not anyone to give advice. You have to find out on your own and explore why you think you are so lonely. No one else is going to be able to tell you why you are.

Best Answer

Well, I know why I am lonely... because I want to. But for people wishing to socialize I would say the first step is to leave online life like this site and go for real people. I'm not talking about getting into bars but looking for activities that include strangers but not necessary the pressure to initiate conversations. The best ones are activities involving some outdoors -- like hiking trips or days. You will be with people and you can choose to socialize or not. Sierra Club has regional programs but many communities also have these kind of stuff. The point is ... internet life will only make you lonelier.

Best Answer

we did not say it that you are lonely .. i think you have only perceptions that you are lonely ....

Best Answer

We are related to all people and to all the universe. In order to avoid loneliness, we have to learn about the world and our relation to it, and reach out to enjoy new communications.

Learning is the only way for us to solve the problems and to happily and thankfully get along with this beautiful world.

Best Answer