I don't know the nationalities of most people who are doing the writing, so I'm not sure precisely how applicable this is, but people tend to write about what they find familiar. Even in fantasy, comedy and science fiction, they'll default to that sort of thing when they're not creating fantastic, comedic and scientifically elaborately characters.<br />
I'm white and Scottish, so when I write, my protagonists will be white and Scottish unless there's a compelling reason to write them otherwise. If I threw in a black person (for example) with no real reason, then I'd just be creating a token ethnic character, which would be just as racist.<br />
I honestly know nothing about most of the writers of these cartoons, but it seems reasonable to me that they might just be writing about the kind of environments and characters they're already familiar with.

Best Answer

probably because most of the black type cartoons from way back were deemed very racist? idk. it's a good question! there are a lot of tanned characters though, and I've seen animés with different races... I guess it just depends which cartoons you're talking about :S

Best Answer

im talking about mainstream cartoon/wb/nickelodean/comedycentral cartoons

Best Answer

Ah yeah. There might be something about the stereotype of black people amongst most people in the world (*cough* racist people), and perhaps the producers of the show had to sign an agreement to say they wouldnt promote this sort of race because it implies that they are okay (OMG WTF? NO WAY.... - sarcasm) when mainstream society propaganda says that they are bad people (did you see the news about that Martin kid shot by a neighbourhood watch man just because of his skin colour???)... IDK it's a great question, but it also touches soooo much on the racial issue... IDK if I wanna get into it too much. :/

Best Answer

* cough* it really depends on which cartoons you are talkong about, and where u live. When u talk about japanese cartoons, there are main characters from all countries, just change the eye and hair colors can make a new character of a different race lol

Best Answer

Haha so true, but with the African black people, they usually have the stereotypical big pink lips in animé lol

Best Answer

The guys who make the cartoons are white. If it wasn't for tokenism there would be no black characters at all.

Best Answer

Homer is yellow, Cleveland is an african american

Best Answer

homer would be white and you cant deny it. and I said ALMOST every cartoon

Best Answer