we don't do that here in Ireland and our country isn't even HOT...I don't think I've ever heard a story about this here........ :'(
TheMightyAphrodite TheMightyAphrodite 41-45, F 16 Answers Jul 2 in Community

Most of the kids that die in cars are very accidental. The brain is a poorly written computer program. When our standard daily schedules are thrown off, we forget things. "Pick up suit from drycleaner, check. Drop Bobby off at daycare, check. Go to work. Get to car at the end of the day. Oh what have I done?" It's not usually malicious, just tragedy.

Best Answer

We drive a lot, people are lazy, and some people feel guilty leaving their dogs at home. When it comes to kids the issue is they don't want them home alone and they don't want to be bothered with watching them in the store.

Best Answer

These are people who aren't fit to be parents or owners.

Best Answer

Yes, but what are you gonna do? A license for pregnancy while sensible would be unconstitutional.

Best Answer

Hmph, I wanted to get all defensive, being an American, but, it seems Ireland has a very low crime rate and my country has lost it's collective mind. Still, don't judge us individually.

Best Answer

I don't ... we have a lot of crime here too, but not of this kind :/ Obviously as my country is so small these things are on such a smaller scale etc. I just don't understand this type of crime, seems obvious to me to not leave kids in a hot car.

Best Answer

I think it is completely irresponsible but, really, I don't believe people intend to hurt the child. Doesn't make it excusable on any level. I just don't think it happens because they are sinister people. It's so horrible to think about the kids dying like that.

Best Answer

I can't fathom ANY defendable reason for leaving small children alone in a car in any weather. Morons I reckon. As far as dogs, so many Americans have dogs and do a lot of traveling. Still that's no excuse. I won't even leave my dogs in truck when its NOT hot.

Best Answer

We have idiots for parents. Idiots raise idiots and the cycle goes on..

Best Answer

yes :/

Best Answer

The likely response will be, to bash your question.

Best Answer

most likely, people love to hate my questions :/

Best Answer

A lot of people here in the U.S. care about themselves and they are EVIL. Its very sad

Best Answer

I have read at least 3 stories in Huffington Post lately that just made me cry, it's terrible.

Best Answer

There are bad people in the world

Best Answer

yes... I know as USA is soooooooooo much bigger than here all the same though... babies dying in the heat of a car is sooo evil :'(

Best Answer

cause some people wont use their brains

Best Answer

This most recent story seems to be deliberate murder.<br />
On average, I doubt it happens more than once, or twice each summer. Some are just very stupid people, some, like this recent one, was deliberate...such a shame.

Best Answer

I don't want to downplay the thoughtless, tragic nature of leaving pets in hot cars, but here in the US, the media sensationalizes EVERYTHING. Also, the US a a lot bigger population than Ireland, so we have a lot more idiots - although the percentage isn't necessarily higher.

Best Answer

I saw a guy leave a dog in a car today it made me very mad!!!

Best Answer

you have cars?

Best Answer

oh yeah baby, I drive a Mercedes ...we've come a long way since the donkeys ;-)

Best Answer

since last week? a mercedes? wow

Best Answer

;-)

Best Answer

hehehe, sorry lol

Best Answer

no worries, sure I'm driving a mercedes, life is good ;-)

Best Answer

still on the left side of the road?

Best Answer