hawk3411 hawk3411 36-40, M 13 Answers Feb 24, 2010

Nope. They are made from the teeth , lips, hooves and snot and gizards. All the shi t that you would not eat if you could see it. Grind it up good and fine now. MMMMMMmmmmmm.

Best Answer

he journey of the hot dog from a simple sausage to a staple of the American diet began in 1852 Germany, when the Frankfurt butchers' guild created a long, thin sausage and named it "frankfurter" in honor of their town. Shortly after that, someone noticed that the new sausage looked like a dachshund and started calling it a "dachshund sausage," after the long, thin dog. The name stuck and soon people were calling the frankfurter a dachshund sausage. <br />
In 1906, Harry Mosley Stevens, who operated the New York Giant's ice cream and soda concession, decided to add the dachshund sausage to his menu. Stevens realized that in New York's cold spring afternoons the last thing anyone wanted was cold ice cream and that the dachshund sausage, which would stay warm in its skin and warmer still in a roll, was just the thing for his customers. <br />
Stevens had his vendors hawk the sausage, instructing them to sell it by yelling, "They're red hot. Get your dachshund sausages while they're red hot." <br />
While attending a game, Ted Dorgan, a leading cartoonist, saw the popularity of Stevens's new food idea and decided to lampoon it in a cartoon. In the cartoon, vendors were selling real dachshund dogs in a roll, yelling "Get your hot dogs!" at each other. As a result, the name "hot dog" caught on, and--after Stevens was able to convince people that it wasn't made out of dog meat--the hot dog became a hit.

Best Answer

would you eat it if it was called "pig snout and cow ***"?

Best Answer

It's all screwed up. A hotdog is not a vienna sausage. It's a bun with the vienna in it and some extra goodies like mustard and whatever. Same for hamburger. It's not a piece of meat. It's a bun with a ground meat patty inside and the extra goodies. It really irks me when people call just the meat a hotdog or hamburger...

Best Answer

What do you think they used to be made of? Duh!

Best Answer

Because of marketing. Hot dog sounds cute and sellable compared to "Hot Leftovers"

Best Answer

Leatherjacket story is correct. But I heard the cartoonist could not spell dachshund so he simply elimanted it and said hot dog instead of dachshund dog. There are many things we call or say a certian way do to spelling and grammer mistakes.

Best Answer

I had to look this one up -> apparently they call it a "hotdog" as 'dog' is a common name for 'sausage'. (A mean other name because of accusations of using dog meat in sausages.) I think it sounds better than a "hotsausage". They are made up of chicken, beef, and pork leftovers.

Best Answer

Leatherjackets1999: thanks for the factoid!<br />
Ingredients? beef and pork if you're lucky, and I do believe essendon is correct about the lips; I've heard cleaned rectums are sometimes included. Mmmm....barf

Best Answer

hot dogs....mmmmm....pass me a toasted bun and some mustard. don't forget the onions. got any chilli?

Best Answer

I think it's from the Chicago World's Fair where they were first sold, or a sales spiel at the time.

Best Answer