i am taking first hand experience as my grand daughter is in primary school.
rod1944 rod1944 56-60, M 11 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Community

It's because of tyrannical teacher unions and the nature of public schooling. What is happening is that the public schools do not have to face competition with the private ones, thus they require no employment standards and nor do they feel the need to find innovative ways to better teach kids. In Belgium for example, the tax money used for public schooling sticks to the kid - it carries in the form of a voucher that persists between both public and private schools, which forces the public schools to compete with the private ones. And they score a much higher average on international tests than the ones in the U.S.<br />
Now for teacher unions. While the concept is fine--teachers play an essential intergenerational role--they are the reason for why it's almost impossible to fire a bad teacher. If a principle finds out that a teacher has been molesting the kids, then he has to go through hundreds of regulation just to get the teacher out of the building - to which end they still have to pay them to sit in residential housing for their otherwise teaching hours. To actually fire them is near impossible. These institutions are ruining young minds in order to line their pockets. It's disgusting.

Best Answer

I don't know where in the world you are, but teachers molesting students is grounds for immediate dismissal, union or not. There are a few of those out there. They are usually given unpaid leave until they are proven guilty.

Best Answer

Is it because the children are less educated after attending?

Best Answer

I was not aware that it was

Best Answer

Stupid social programs like DARE, Red-Ribbon Week, Black History Month, Just Say No, and a hundred more than take away time from academics. Every week my little girl has some new thing she either needs to buy, make, or wear. Mainstreaming also screwed things up. My little girl has little trouble socially, but some other autistic students in her school are so distracting and miss out on individual attention. They should be in special classes, but thanks to bureaucracy and in the name of saving money they pretend that "least restrictive environments" are better for them.... socially. Not academically of course, but who cares about that anyway right? Uggh! It's so frustrating. My brother is a teacher and I cannot believe the BS he has to deal with. He tells me he MISSES teaching his students, even though he's with them in the classroom every day. Why? Because all he can do is push 100 q/a topics that will be on the standardized tests....which is my biggest gripe of all. They do NOTHING for students. It's all about money. Public schools are another big business. They get a lot of money per student but only 30 percent goes to their actual educations. The rest go on these stupid studies about whether ketchup can legally be considered a vegetable. I worked for the public school system here for about ten years in admin, and I saw so much shameful waste I can't even begin to tell you how awful it was. All this money is taken away from actual education of students. Classes are so overfilled and teachers so overwhelmed it's surprising when anyone comes out with a valuable education. It's all about getting that diploma.

Best Answer

Pompas A$$ administrators......who implement plans of action that go nowhere...and over load teachers with too much paper work....that teaching becomes secondary.....add the states added pressures of their agendas....and learning becomes compromised....

Best Answer

Teachers have had all the power taken from them, and the power is now in the hands of the children. There isn't even any win or lose when playing. I know that there have been abusive teachers [I had one] but now, the teachers are afraid of the kids. Kids are being suspended for not attending school. Oooo that's smart.

Best Answer

"waiting for superman" watch it. full documentary on youtube

Best Answer

The quality of teaching has hit an all time low in the USA and the UK.

Best Answer

Because the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. Add private schools to that mix and education is ruined.

Best Answer