iammistyblue iammistyblue 41-45, F 14 Answers Jul 20, 2011

The difference is called 'tact'. Many people confuse being truthful and honest with being rude and inconsiderate.I can be bluntly honest with someone and they take it in a good way because they know I say (whatever I am saying) out of love. It depends on who I am talking to though. I know that some people just want to hear what they want and will tune out anything but that and don't bother even trying to tell them something else

Best Answer

because they can't handle the truth...

Best Answer

I think many times that is so right.

Best Answer

Because this is a Politically Correct, touchy-feely, tree hugging kind of world now a days and heaven forbid you should upset someone elses delicate sensabilities with something as awful as the truth. That just shatters the little world they live in and makes them realize they arent the special little flower they like to think.

Best Answer

Interesting and straight forward take...I like it.

Best Answer

Because it IS rude. And some cruel people use it as an excuse to be haters. So, next time you're tempted to say something ask yourself a question. Am I saying this because its important to be honest or because I like being mean? Another thing. Do you take it as well as you dish it out?

Best Answer

I do take it as well when handed to me. I can't really say I dish it out" so much. I do like to be straight forward and honest, especially when asked. Never cared much for beating around the bush or playing games.

Best Answer

It depends who youre talking to. The truth and your opinion is entirely different. When regarding someone who is treating you badly and you confront the situation- they are likely to run away out of fear. But if youre randomly like Hey youre ugly- thats rude.

Best Answer

truth is suppossed to be something to cherish. I would rather a person be HONEST with me. Rather than brutal.... but if my recipicle emotion can take you calling me fat or ugly or telling me that people can act like neandrathals .... then guess what. You can take me saying **** YOU. <br />
BACK . <br />
won't be nice and play right then don't eff with me . The end.

Best Answer

I am with you wanderingfool83!! Best post by far! I enjoyed every word of it! People need to start taking personal responsibility for their inability to control their emotions. Getting your feelings hurt is a personal choice not something that someone does to you. No one can "make" you angry or "hurt" your feelings. You choose to get upset because you want to! It's always a choice!

Best Answer

def mech from getting hurt upon knowing the truth

Best Answer

maybe because they just don't want the hard truth......sometimes you just need to put it differently for those that are sensative

Best Answer

maybe everything does not need to be said but still that is like asking a man if you look fat he will never tell the truth.

Best Answer

I agree with her. You were being rude. You don't have to say everything you think, and sometimes it's rude to do so.

Best Answer

I have to agree too. You don't need to say everything you think.

Best Answer

I was not trying to be rude but that kinds does prove the point that no one wants to hear the truth about how life is or how they look.

Best Answer

Rude is rude. It has nothing to do with being truthful. <br />
To tell a homely woman she is ugly is straight forward and truthful, and it is also rude, unkind and not helpful.<br />
If someone has bad breath, you could tell him in front of a group of friends that his breath smells like something crawled in his mouth and died. That would be truthful. Or you could discretely offer him a mint, politely insisting that he take it, until he gets the hint. One approach is helpful, the other is just rude.

Best Answer

Because some people just don't want to hear the truth.

Best Answer