I freely admit to having, forgive the pun, a real hard-on about this issue, but I really think it's because too many girls have bought into the idea of "Friends With Benefits" which used to be called "We Can't OWN Another Person," "Free Love," and, originally, "A Cheap Lay."

Best Answer

Because people have an evolving sense of what constitutes it.

Best Answer

What an interesting and thoughtful answer!

Best Answer

I doubt you'd say that if you knew I thought that was a bad thing. (Evolving is change through time. That's not always a good thing.)

Best Answer

It is gone forever, the same manner that honor , acceptance of responsibilies, trust and truth no longer exist. We now live in broken world of self absorbed people seeking their own agendas oblivious of others..

Best Answer

The whole "friends with benefits" thing is a good idea for those that feel they need it but I'm old-fashioned and find it's not enough. Sex without some emotional connection is like the song says "All touch and no contact...".

Best Answer

Because with the advancement of technology the consequences got less and less and the laws got easier to avoid. Especially with the internet and TV it is now insanely easy to get things of the, well, darker sides of entertainment.

Best Answer

Are you sure it was? Human sexuality is hard to research in cultures with taboo. It's very hard to establish what norms are when people have been taught to hide and lie.

Best Answer

Yes, but by the mere fact that it was hidden it changes things. If the values and social norms were chastity then there were probably more people that were following that norm and if not, they were probably only having sex with their bf/gf and not multiple partners. I think the problem right now is that people that are chaste are stigmatized as being prudish.

Best Answer

I don't believe in a mythical time when people abstained. It's easy for many to have beenn virgins when married, if they married as teens. But once people got out in the world... I seriously doubt they were all that chaste.

Best Answer

Oh i certainly agree that there were people doing things behind the scenes, but it was in no way the way it is today. Girls are loosing their virginity younger and younger these days. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with sex but I do think the pressure on young women is very harmful to them.

Best Answer

Because it is valued when women are considered as cattle.

Best Answer

programming.

Best Answer

Because the ones not practicing it have overpopulated the ones who do!

Best Answer

Because society changed... the first movie with any sort of nudity which was shown at theaters was Tarzan. I believe that was in the 50s or 60s... ever since then... nudity, and sex became more and more 'popular' on t.v./movies. As it became more popular.. more and more kids, younger generations, became exposed to it sooner. Then we have the fashion industry.. sex sells... so... *sigh* Besides, no matter what happened kids still have sex before graduating from high school... most... yet not all of them have done so. I believe you can't marry a person while in high school these days... so... if they had sex in high school what prevents them from having it as an adult? Then... *sigh* nvm, argument is too long as it is.<br />
The other thing... we are impatient... even more so than years before... If you're having problems with your SO... it's so much easier to divorce and just leave... but the divorce issues are... um... complicated. On the other hand... living with some one without marrying them would allow you the same freedom of leaving once the relationship goes sour, yet not the financial dispute a marriage would entail. <br />
Besides... sex is an all important... pleasurable 'entertainment'...

Best Answer

MTV

Best Answer

Depends on your age doesn't it? At age 5 it's highly valuedm at 25 it's a sign of a very lonely person.

Best Answer

bcuz they all turned into fecking homos.......

Best Answer

Because our society has changed. Three changes had the biggest impact: (1) Technology like the pill that reduced the risk of pregnancy and its consequences, (2) Feminism, which diminished the idea that women and their bodies ought to be the bound property of men, (3) Increased scientific understanding and the consequent decline of Augustinian prudery.

All three changes influenced and reinforced each other in various ways and brought about great and positive change to our society. In their wake it became clear that chastity was deeply flawed ideal - hypocritical, fear-driven, inhumane, unhealthy, and dangerous - leading to a predictable diminishment of its prestige.

Best Answer