Just about everything that they're harping on him about were dead issues in 2008 let alone now in 2013. Add in the fact that McCain stated he would nominate Hagel for Sec. of Defense, the sudden reversal of many republicans on their decision NOT to filibuster, and it's starting to look like simple obstruction for the sake of obstruction. We're almost a month into Obama's new Term and we don't have a Secretary of Defense, that's a problem. What is the problem GOP senators?
GnatFree GnatFree 26-30, F 3 Answers Feb 14, 2013 in Hobbies

John is very, very bitter and afraid of becoming insignificant. Sad thing is, he already has reached that point. I'm a Vietnam vet, and most others I know, be they Democrat or Republican, are thrilled at the prospect of Hagel becoming the Secretary of Defense. Obstruction at its worst.

Best Answer

What kills me is that a bunch of republicans are fighting to stop a republican from being appointed.

Best Answer

Rumour has it that he was critical of Israeli policy. <br />
We can't have the military industrial complex and all of the other corporations lobbying congress to lose one of their best vested interests in the world...can we?

Best Answer

That's not a rumor that's a fact. Also why is it you either support Israel or you're for the wholesale destruction of Israel? I feel like I'm back in the Bush Administration.

Best Answer

Because Israel is supposed to be so special and all.
As a Palestinian, I couldn't give a **** what you called that piece of crap land that so many died for throughout history. What matters is the treatment of human beings.

Best Answer

Exactly, what it comes down to is that the "Israelis" literally stole the land, they pushed palestinians off of it, killed and scared them, bombed british bases and centers, illegally emigrated and performed a guerilla war just like Palestine is doing now. in my opinion they are squatters with no claim to the land. After all, you don' see the Mexicans demanding Texas and the southwest back, the Spanish wanting Florida and Puerto Rico, nor the Russians wanting Alaska back. What makes Israel special? Oh what's that? "The end of the world begins when the dome on the rock is demolished and the Temple of Solomon is Rebuilt for the FOURTH time? Well...Just in case you're right Let's not and say we did....I like existing.

Best Answer