Fear propaganda.......

Best Answer

The Western powers are masters of propaganda. A friend of mine her father lived in Communist Poland and he had a saying.<br />
The difference between the News in the West and the news in the Soviet Union is that the people in the Soviet Union knew the news was BS. By and large Western audiences bought the propaganda at face value.<br />
That being said. The propaganda in the US in particular was so effective most Americans are still stuck in a 60s Mccarthy era mindset about Russia and Communism. That is also why the US military is still structured and equipped to fight a war with a USSR that no longer exists.

Best Answer

I must say these answers make me very sad, that so many people embrace lies. The Soviet Union was the most tyrannical government in the history of mankind. Lenin started things off by murdering about 1.5 million people in a few years, and starving to death several million more. Then Stalin killed tens of millions of people. The Soviet Union invented the modern concentration camp aka death camp. Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of the press, and freedom of travel were abolished. <br />
The Soviets helped create equally tyrannical governments in Hungary (briefly) and Mongolia after WWI. Then at the end of WWII the USSR occupied Eastern Europe and enslaved it, establishing numerous tyrannical puppet governments that took their orders from Moscow.<br />
In all over 100 million people were murdered by Communist governments and insurgents in the 20th century. Communist governments sometimes admitted what they were up to : under Stalin the government spoke of "liquidating the kulaks," and in its second year in power Mao's government admitted to having "liquidated" over a million people thus far. Only a perverse will to disbelieve has caused anti-anti-Communism to persist.

Best Answer

To keep control over a population,the elite who rule always create an "enemy",with the purpose of focusing peoples attention on them,rather than looking closer to home to see the real threat.

Best Answer

I like russian women...I don't have a problem with anyone that doesn't attack us.

Best Answer

I dont hate the Russians and I consider myself a patriot. They tried a system of government destined to fail

Best Answer

It wasn't destined to fail, the communists system works, though the set up of the soviet union made it inpossible.

Best Answer

Communism never has and never will work. Sorry bud. It goes against human nature in every sense.

Best Answer

My friend (RIP) was a communist and loved Mother Russia, so not everyone.

Best Answer

BY WHOM? Don't make me bust out my Russian Army hat!

Best Answer

Communism is hated because it brings misery under the guise of equality.

Best Answer