I know that their credibility in the past couple of years has dropped seriously, but is the the last straw? And the saddest thing is, despite how fake it looks, from watching some of their other shows over the past few years I couldn't be sure that they weren't actually serious about this show.
ChipmunkErnie ChipmunkErnie 61-65, M 18 Answers Aug 11, 2012 in Hobbies

Just wait...next week the History Channel will have a documentary on how mermaids are actually aliens and may have helped Columbus discover America ;-)

Best Answer

If Ancient Aliens can be on the History channel, then mermaids on Discovery it is!

Best Answer

I know--but at least the Ancient alien stuff is based (if only laughingly) on some real archaeological facts, if loobnily interpreted.

Best Answer

The same reason they say that aliens built the pyramids. They are such athiests it is very sad yet ammusing.

Best Answer

What the heck has "atheists" got to do with it?

Best Answer

Well not with what I said but when they say that Earth was made from a bunch of astroids or aliens or something going on in their tiny brains. They try to look at very option other than God.

Best Answer

You'll question the existence of an "aquatic ape", and yet you still believe some being created the universe and actually gives a damn about your wishes and desires. If anything, the discovery channel made this farce in order to make money. Nothing more; nothing less. Much like the Catholic and Christian church Kuroyuri, (a bit presumptuous, but I feel as though I'm correct) they to are nothing more than a business and will sell their souls (pun intended) in order to acquire viewers, whether considered repretiable or not, the money is all the same.

Best Answer

Im Methodist not Catholic:P. I agree with you about Catholic but not my church. I know God is real. And they have found prove. But what I believe is that all the Gods and Goddesses thought to be real are the same God. I believe you said that Christianity is bull****. Its not.

Best Answer

Ok Brainy!
Your god is the ONE - congrats!
I would rather a world full of Megalodons and Mermaids than Gods.

Best Answer

Lets stab them.

Best Answer

This is very misleading and dishonest on their part! I watched the documentary,they presented it as fact,not as fiction.If you have a tv channel that is supposed to air documentaries that are to be taken seriously,then you shouldn't get away with hoaxes like this!Perhaps they should be fined.

Best Answer

Money, Money, Money. A few cheap laughs to a group of drunk college students is still viewers nevertheless, and companies want said viewers to see their product. Why they chose this subject over something such Higgs Boson? Well, that's the fault of the masses who would rather watch a phony documentary about an anthropomorphize fish, rather than read a book or stand up to the channel executives and refuse to watch such garbage. I'm as much to blame, for I've just watched a rerun that they played, while my time was wasted, atleast I got to laugh at the expense of an avatar looking sea apes as it gets eaten by megalodon. As a parting note to all the "sea ape" theorists out there, if there was a precursor to australopithecus afarensis, it would be a HUGE deal and would rock the scientific world. The mere gesture that this creature was capable of tool making, intelligent communication, and opposable thumbs, is ludacris at best because this would suggest devolution rather than evolution as archeulian tools did not come about until homo habilis (sp?). All and all, this documentaries best attribute was that it was laughable, and should never be taken as fact.

Best Answer

Well, it wasn't a real documentary--I only caught about 5 minutes of it, if that much, when I originally asked the question. But people were taking it seriously because that's the way it was presented on Discovery. Then later I think it showed up on SyFy or some other channel as a sci-fi movie.

Best Answer

Welcome to the age of Fox News, reality TV, Walmart, and McDonald's. According to the National Science Foundation one in five Americans still believes the sun revolves around the earth. Obviously it pays more money if you can lead them around by the nose.

Best Answer

Just remember, there are only two channels on the television. On and off. Everything on is the same bullshit.

Best Answer

That's why we watch mainly sports or DVDs

Best Answer

TV has gotten so cheap they all "share" these shows.See it here ...next week there<br />
This mermaid one...come on fellas!!..made the seagulls tread air

Best Answer

I was thinking the same thing when aired a few weeks ago. Would have made a good scifi show.

Best Answer

I might have watched it on Sy-Fy, but they've got the reality show route so much I've stopped watching them.

Best Answer

So you watched that too. lol

Best Answer

Only for a few minutes, It looked so obviously faked I turned it off.

Best Answer

I fell asleep.

Best Answer

did you see the big foot one. i've never laugh so hard.

Best Answer

Hey!!! My wife is a mermaid i think you need to tell her your sorry.lol

Best Answer