Just wait...next week the History Channel will have a documentary on how mermaids are actually aliens and may have helped Columbus discover America ;-)

Best Answer

If Ancient Aliens can be on the History channel, then mermaids on Discovery it is!

Best Answer

I know--but at least the Ancient alien stuff is based (if only laughingly) on some real archaeological facts, if loobnily interpreted.

Best Answer

Lets stab them.

Best Answer

This is very misleading and dishonest on their part! I watched the documentary,they presented it as fact,not as fiction.If you have a tv channel that is supposed to air documentaries that are to be taken seriously,then you shouldn't get away with hoaxes like this!Perhaps they should be fined.

Best Answer

Money, Money, Money. A few cheap laughs to a group of drunk college students is still viewers nevertheless, and companies want said viewers to see their product. Why they chose this subject over something such Higgs Boson? Well, that's the fault of the masses who would rather watch a phony documentary about an anthropomorphize fish, rather than read a book or stand up to the channel executives and refuse to watch such garbage. I'm as much to blame, for I've just watched a rerun that they played, while my time was wasted, atleast I got to laugh at the expense of an avatar looking sea apes as it gets eaten by megalodon. As a parting note to all the "sea ape" theorists out there, if there was a precursor to australopithecus afarensis, it would be a HUGE deal and would rock the scientific world. The mere gesture that this creature was capable of tool making, intelligent communication, and opposable thumbs, is ludacris at best because this would suggest devolution rather than evolution as archeulian tools did not come about until homo habilis (sp?). All and all, this documentaries best attribute was that it was laughable, and should never be taken as fact.

Best Answer

Well, it wasn't a real documentary--I only caught about 5 minutes of it, if that much, when I originally asked the question. But people were taking it seriously because that's the way it was presented on Discovery. Then later I think it showed up on SyFy or some other channel as a sci-fi movie.

Best Answer

Welcome to the age of Fox News, reality TV, Walmart, and McDonald's. According to the National Science Foundation one in five Americans still believes the sun revolves around the earth. Obviously it pays more money if you can lead them around by the nose.

Best Answer

TV has gotten so cheap they all "share" these shows.See it here ...next week there<br />
This mermaid one...come on fellas!!..made the seagulls tread air

Best Answer

I was thinking the same thing when aired a few weeks ago. Would have made a good scifi show.

Best Answer

I might have watched it on Sy-Fy, but they've got the reality show route so much I've stopped watching them.

Best Answer

So you watched that too. lol

Best Answer

Only for a few minutes, It looked so obviously faked I turned it off.

Best Answer

I fell asleep.

Best Answer

did you see the big foot one. i've never laugh so hard.

Best Answer

Hey!!! My wife is a mermaid i think you need to tell her your sorry.lol

Best Answer