tim minchin idea cont..
trev23 trev23 22-25, M 15 Answers Jan 28, 2012

It's not god ... it's humans

Best Answer

yes. humans are responsible for one another.

Best Answer

rethink this question and come back and repost. God isnt doing a damn thing.

Best Answer

exactly my point why isnt he?

Best Answer

depends on whom or what you believe your God is.

Best Answer

or where you belive his/hers/its responsibility ends

Best Answer

exactly

Best Answer

It isn't because it doesn't exist they are dieing from bad weather, human cruelty and a Muslim government that uses starvation as a weapon.

Best Answer

dam those muslims, killing and invading and arming other nations

Best Answer

HA

Best Answer

If you want to believe that it is the work of a spiteful god then that is your choice. That answers nothing since there is no way for you to get your god to change it's ways.

Best Answer

If God existed, it would be responsible for sure. No argument against that point.

Best Answer

If you believe in God as I do, you understand he gave us free will.

Best Answer

but why create a species with the tendancy to sin, then give them free will, then punish them for sinning, then create hell so that they can never be forgiven.. if you are omnipotent, sounds like a magelomaniac to me

Best Answer

And he gave you the freedom to think exactly that : )

Best Answer

shocking

Best Answer

Looks like in your opinion poor God is guilty either way.

Best Answer

well you in my opinion if you are omnipotent then you are omni-responsable

Best Answer

Ok, God is guilty as charged. Now what?

Best Answer

thats not my perogative. thats up to the fairy judges and jury that also live in magical marshmallow cloud land.

Best Answer

God has nothing to do with it

Best Answer

Ummmm..... "God" as a dualistic idea, Christian idea can't "DO" anything. "God" ideas paired with people who take it to heart "DO" charity work in Africa. I personally sponsor African refugee orphans. "God" itself is everything that exists... Including all of those African children whose bodies die. "God" isn't a "He", nor a "Him.". "God" is not dualistic, not separate from the energy that makes up the finite and infinite. Human beings kill and heal.... Human being beat the war drum and fire the guns. Human beings supporting African warlords keep vital medicines, supplies, and food from getting to the ones who need it the most. If you saw an African "soldier" who supports some warlord, killing someone, would you ask: "Why is God murdering these people?". This is what this question makes me visualize and both the visualization and the question igniting it seem ludicrous to me.

Best Answer

if that is the case then what is the purpose of the bible. surely instructing others to do is equal to doing yourself?
and i am not being literal i am implying that god could (if he were omnipotent) stop innocent children being mercilessly slain by a disease he/she/it created

Best Answer

BluOmni , I guess I must have missed something here, where was the question asked " what is your definition of god?"?

Best Answer

I would say we are responsible. Warlords are responsible, Religion that justifes all kinds of crazy **** is responsible.

Best Answer

i would agree, but it makes for a much less enticing title :)

Best Answer

We allow it to happen...and God isn't around to fix it

Best Answer

Maybe there isnt such a thing as God

Best Answer

What has God to do with this? It's their own goverments who are sqandering the money.

Best Answer

scouser

Best Answer

MANC

Best Answer