My boyfriend is the sweetest person ever but he won't let me know the real him. I've only been to his house once and we have been dating for 4 months now and its real bothering me. He never let's me have a conversation with his family when he's not there and he always talks about his family in such a good way. Is he ashamed of me???
MaddixMurdock MaddixMurdock 18-21, M 9 Answers Nov 6, 2012 in LGBT

maybe you should ask him, instead of asking us-not to sound mean. but if it's bothering u, u should ask him. if he doesnt tell u, then i guess u have something to worry about. but communication is very important in a relationship. so try asking him and see what he says. good luck :)

Best Answer

I've asked multiple times and he always tries to change the subject.

Best Answer

then make him answer i guess? dont let him change the answer. or, give him an ultimatum

Best Answer

There are things you should think about first

Does his parents know he is gay?

Are they ok with him being gay?

Is it very important for you to meet his parents?

Did he ever introduce anyone to his family even gay friends?

In my opinion

If you say you are dating that means you are still in the stage where you are both still getting to know each other even though he is very good with you it does not mean that it’s a must that he introduces you to his parents gay relationships are not as well accepted as straight relationships

Parents will always feel that there is something wrong with their son even though they might accept you as being gay because it’s just not that interesting when people start to find out especially when it comes to family

Communication is the key to most things if its something that is bothering you talk to him if he really likes you and enjoys your company then he might say something about it if not he might be hiding something that he does not want you to know about

Best Answer

If he's passed his use by date perhaps u could pass.

Best Answer

I wouldn't let my parents near my boyfriend either. Don't take it personal. They might be good people but that doesn't mean I want them knowing or talking to someone that is mine. Besides my family would question the guy to death and then gossip about it later. But that's just mine.

Best Answer

He doesn't need to introduce you. Your not a woman and it may be difficult. His family probably accepts him but doesn't want to meet his partner.

Best Answer

He's just not into you ...sorry.

Best Answer

Hes probably embarassed to be gay.

Best Answer

:( give him space.. I was like that too with my bf.. cuz I was afraid of what my family would do/say to embarrass me. So in short, it may be his family and not you..

Best Answer

I'm confused. You are talking about your boyfriend, but your profile identifies you as male.

Best Answer

what is so confusing about that? It's the year 2012!!!

Best Answer

I'm bisexual

Best Answer

Ohhh the ''letting me in'' takes a whole different meaning.

Best Answer

Amen. PREACH IT!!

Best Answer

If you are bisexual, then there is your answer. Yes, he is ashamed of you.

Best Answer