ahamomentwoman ahamomentwoman 51-55, F 12 Answers Jan 7, 2013 in Health

Heart disease is the number 1 killer for everyone

Best Answer

I'm not a doctor, but this would be my guess. Women tolerate a lot of pain. Once you go through child birth, there's pretty much nothing that compares to that pain. So anything you go through after that seems insignificant as far as warning signs go. Plus I think women take on a whole ton of stress a lot more than people realize due to how emotional and caring we are. We work, care for children and aging parents, we are wives, friends, cooks and housekeepers. So do the math. It's really an imbalanced situation I think and over time the body just can't take it. That's my opinion.

Best Answer

Because its far more common in men

Best Answer

Because women don't have hearts *sarcasm*

Best Answer

It's marketable. If you have heart disease, you simply have heart disease. But if you have Breast Cancer, you're a hero. What a crock!

Best Answer

Why is prostrate cancer not as recongised for men when it kills more men than breast cancer kills women every year?

Best Answer

because for a long time only men were studied because of a womens natural defense to it namely estrogen and heart disease in females was considered an anomaly yup it is rediculous but that is the why of it <br />
conversely men do get breast cancer and there is hardly any recognition of that lots of medicine has a gender bias

Best Answer

Blame the medical profession and the MEDIA!

Best Answer

boobies.

Best Answer