im not working right now except for subbing in the schools so i was also looking into other jobs, i love kids so i was filling out applications with care.com and sittercity , some families were interested in hiring me but it was just for room and board, maybe others that are homeless can do that but i have medical needs, like allergy shots, cholesterol meds, etc., i cant just live on no money, its bad enough ive been living with no money coming in since end of dec, lost my job cause of several surgeries but by working without an income im also making it so i cant work cause i'll be working, maybe this could work for some people but i have to have money, im on medicaid but it doesnt cover everything, the families that do it are not poor families, theyre actually making good money, so why are they so unwilling to pay a salary, isnt that illegal? people have told me to volunteer to get experience but i feel that takes away time from jobhunting, and going on interviews etc.,
lederman lederman 51-55, F 8 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Community

If people keep taking jobs w/o pay, they'll keep offering jobs w/o pay. So just keep looking until you find what YOU need.

Best Answer

Because the supposedly caring, liberal people who want universal justice for all don't want to have to pay for anything themselves. Honestly, I am a cheap bast@rd, but the cheapest bast@rds I know, way worse than I am, all fit that bill. Makes you wonder how highly they actually value their kids, doesn't it.

Best Answer

That doesn't sound right to me at all. You shoud be getting a salary plus room and board. Have you looked online to see what the general pay is for a live in sitter?

Best Answer

Professional nannies get really good pay, known a few. What you are describing we would call an au pair or live in help. Not such good money. That is how the rich stay rich, they watch the pennies.

Best Answer

If it it not for you, does it matter if it is illegal? Obamacare takes care of the meds

Best Answer