It's a double standard it seems! Not fair! It sure isn't equality. What about what's good for the goose is good for the gander?
aquarius3 aquarius3 61-65 19 Answers Aug 11, 2012 in Community

We get called dirty names if we sleep around while guys get "high-fives",consider this payment for that:)

Best Answer

apparently it's not in scotland

Best Answer

thank you! i ask myself that same question

Best Answer

island guys wear skirts.. my friend is samoan & HE looks HOT... his friends too!!!

Best Answer

I've always wondered the same thing.

Best Answer

Yeah!

Best Answer

Basically, because it's not the style, there's no logical reason why they shouldn't. However, considering that that which is masculine is still admired and valued more than the feminine, people probably react (without realising why) to seeing a man in a dress as giving up his privileged position of being able to wear slacks. Women wearing trousers everywhere is newer than you'd think---when I was in Catholic school neither girls nor female lay teachers were permitted to wear slacks.

Best Answer

Possibly due to the cultural context so predominate across the planet since the late Neolithic times....phallocentrism ...

Society deems masculinities superior to feminitues...thus male bodied people who wear clothes socially deemed appropriate to the other sex than their biology is are seen as rejecting those values ...

Entirely a strange thing as all mammals are intrinsically female at origin until differentiation is developed in the womb at approx 8-12 weeks...so theoretically males (as usually identified as assigned as boys then men) are all deformed women...

There are plenty of examples of cross gendered roles in all cultures throughout history globally which were developed for those who did not fit the predominate binary of male/female or man/woman...

By the way, those posting about kilts being skirts got it wrong...they are kilts...non bifurcated dress appropriate to male bodied - man identified people...ditto the Indian Lunghi..

Seems like the patriarchal societies we live in don't have have a problem with female bodied / woman identified people assumining male styled clothing as it reinforces the phallocentric belief that mascinuties are superior ....

Actually as a trans woman sometimes jeans are just more practical......but they are woman's jeans.....laughs...the zip is left facing...im left handed so that's ok...and that's another story as the left hand was considered sinister from the Latin sinestrous ...some years ago I would have been seriously ostracised or beaten at school for it...something's don't change then...read Whilping Girl by Julia Serano...

Best Answer

I, too, wish I knew!!! FIE!!!

Best Answer

That's went through my mind as well. They speak of men who cross dress. Well, technically I tend to cross dress because I'll wear male jeans and t-shirts that guys would wear. People don't even give me a second look.

Best Answer

You just blew my mind sir.

Best Answer

Because it is!

Best Answer