Because in terms of social issues around the world, violence against women is horrific and common.

Best Answer

no, violence despite what folks will say, is a normal part of natural life. It would be silly for larger obviously bigger and stronger people to hit smaller weaker people, just kind of pointless, but violence will never end until life does

Best Answer

gg allin had a point. you do too. people need to be reminded of the ubiquity of violence, pain, and danger.

Best Answer

Because if a man hits a woman she'll wind up dead. If I were to hit a man, he might bruise. Women do not have the upper body strength that men do. Duh!

Best Answer

I saw a fight on you tube where the woman knocked the crap out of the man. Sick it was!

Best Answer

But how common is that? Please that is a pointless comment.

Best Answer

Because there's a power relationship between men and women. Men rule the world. They tend to be in positions of power, make more money, and so forth and so on.<br />
So when men attack women, they're attacking from a position of privilege and power. Also they're just physically larger. <br />
But yeah, violence of any kind is wrong.

Best Answer

It IS wrong to hit another person, no matter what your gender is. I think the distinction comes from the older generations ... where it was common thought that "a man of character would not strike a woman". That would be back in the day when women were supposed to be meek and obey their husbands ... before a woman would even consider striking back. A gentleman would never strike a woman.<br />
Women's lib and a lot of other things came after that, but the old beliefs linger, as they should. I think the new generation should expand on that thought.

Best Answer

... and women are not being taught to respect men. All -in-all, people are not taught to respect the other gender.

Best Answer