people try to ridicule what they are scared of, in most of nature it is the male that has the fancy coat or plumage not the female, in the past males all wore skirts or skirted garments even today within the world there are as many men who wear skirts or skirted garments as there are women who do.<br />
if you look around any town in Europe then you will see that most women wear pants not skirts, i have wore skirts or dresses for the last 11 years almost full time as a man not as a cross dresser but last year i came out as transgendered and now live full time as a woman.<br />
if you want to wear a skirt as a man then do so but if you feel that you should not be doing it then people will pick up on it and then you will start to get comments when i was wearing skirts as a man everyone was ok with it due mainly to the fact i was happy with it, i was not ashamed about the way i was dressed it was the way i felt comfortable, you don't need anyone's permission to do so.

Best Answer

I think a lot of women today, especialy the 18 to 30s, are either tarty or sloby in their apearence. Most of us so called " crossdressers" tend to wear more conservative style. I mostly wear skirts rather than jeans, just more comfortable. Female styles are more varied, coulerfull & better styled to fit than "mens fashion". In my opinion skirts are more healthy for the prostrate too, keeps the bits cool & non restrictive. Don't women wear jeans? trouser suits? shirt & tie?<br />
doc martin boots? trilby hats & flat caps? baggy hoodies & sweaters? Are they "crossdressers" I am ex army, ex truck driver, currently plant operator & hetrosexual,...&65 next year. So i have been told by many of my younger female friends I have legs "to die for", but guys,, you gotta shave them!! Girls can & do look good in male styles so why are men criticised for dressing feminin? Do what you want in life, you only get one chance at it. Just keep it legal. Au revoir tous, be happy.

Best Answer

It's associated with women , and society looks down on women as breeding stock. Put on women's clothing and you step down, humiliate yourself. Put on men's clothing and you raise your social status.

Best Answer

The 'men's' clothing that women wear are pretty generic. Any plain men's shirt has a counterpart in women's clothing. Both men and women wear jeans or dress pants. A sport coat is comparable to a woman's blazer. The 'women's' clothing that men choose to wear in crossdressing are exclusively feminine--dresses, skirts, frilly blouses, so it sticks out more when men wear women's things. Make sense?

Best Answer

I don't understand it either, but it no longer bothers me. I love wearing my feminine clothes and don't consider it crossdressing as I am transgender

Best Answer

That's because women rule almost everything.

Best Answer

I personally feel that fashion for men has really spiralled down compared to womans wear. Fashion is a big topic for modern day people, both male and female. Especially those in bigger cities. Women have so much choice. Men who are creative and courageous enough have no freedom with what they are offered and therefore must incorporate female attire to their wardrobe. If they make subtle changes like a kilt or dress, then they might get away with it. But if they attempt anything more drastic, they are frowned upon as they do not look like a stereotypical guy. Thats why I believe many men with extremely creative needs decide to overcome this obstacle by going all female. Its the only way to get acceptance. I myself am heading in the same direction but perhaps will try to encourage more guys to incorporate more showy clothing so the stereotype will change as it did a century ago.

Best Answer

it's considered crossdressing when a women wears completely men clothing- see lady gaga, if she wasn't lady gaga

Best Answer

I don't know about fashion but boy do some ladies look hot in men's shirts :)

Best Answer

To me, it just points out that it's truly a man's world.......period.......and I am not being smartass.<br />
same with 'unisex' stuff........it always looks more 'male-oriented' for the same reason.........<br />
again, I am a feminist and not being nasty when saying this....just the way I see it!!!<br />
also as others have said, the cleaner lines of men's clothing flatter both the male and female form!!!

Best Answer

That's just the way of the world.

Best Answer

to me, it just boils down to the fact that, like it or not, it's a man's world.

same reason 'unisex' clothing always favors the 'male' side of the look!!!

so get over it; it'll NEVER change, no matter how much 'freedom' or whatever you wanna call it, the ladies get....

and by the way, I don't agree with it, as I'm a feminist, but that's just the way things are in this old world!!!

Best Answer