5465zen 5465zen 31-35, F 4 Answers Dec 4, 2012 in Self Improvement

Everyone naturally breathes through their abdomens when lying down so it takes no effort. You have to train yourself to breathe that way when your body is upright

Best Answer

I didnt know everyone breathes through their abdomens when lying down. I thought only babies do that. Thanks!

Best Answer

no problem. I learned that in choir because the teacher was trying to teach us to breathe through our diaphragms. She made us all lay down on the floor and pointed out that our stomachs were going up and down. It was pretty cool.

Best Answer

:) I am learning it, starting today, hoping it will one day be my way of breathing. haha.. its supposed to fill my lungs with more air than the normal (shallow) breathing but I am out of breath!?

Best Answer

try yawning while you do it. i find that opens my throat.

Best Answer

yes, yawning opens up the throat. thanks :)

Best Answer

got that from BarbaraCarellas...she markets repackaged Tantra and Kundalini...I keep wondering if I might learn more good tricks if took some time to study Kundalini

Best Answer

its always good to be learning something new. I googled Kundalini.. its profound (to me). if you have the time to spare, please do learn it and maybe one day, you can share it here at EP. as for me, I will be begin with abdominal breathing :)

Best Answer

perhaps you should be asking your doctor that question!

Best Answer

Aiyaya... "chuckles"

Best Answer