flipper1966 flipper1966 56-60, M 16 Answers Jun 5, 2012

Children only do as they are taught. Not to say it is intentional to train kids to be disrespectful but, it starts at the top. <br />
Ever see a store with a nasty manager? Every one down the line is nasty. That is not by chance. <br />
A place with a positive-respectful boss has happy people down the line. It really is only hard to understand because No one wants to beleive it "could be them" causing the problem.<br />
Kids are a blank film when they start, what you record on it is in YOUR HANDS....

Best Answer

It's because parents are ceasing to be parents and want to be more like friends. I feared my grandfather and grandmother (they raised me) more than I feared the actual cops. My grandfather would say, "you want to go out there and act like a fool you better hope the cops get you before you I do because I'm not putting you on trial. I'm taking you out with my death penalty". <br />
I'm a firm believer in a small healthy dose of fear in my children!

Best Answer

Maybe it's the effect of cell phones and iPods. All the kids have them.

Best Answer

That's exactly right. Electronics are parenting, not the parents.

Best Answer

Simple, parents lost respect for ther kids.<br />
And if kids these days are messed up, its also quite simple. You get it from your parents. Where it starts.<br />
But never the same for everyone, but I feel awful just thinking about children in todays society. At least here, No love or respect at all. They are treated as slaves. Which is supposed to be fine and acceptable even. No rights, no voice. Messed up as hell. So if like kids rebel and act like brats, how on earth can you blame them?. If these "parents" got treated the same way, they would only see red, lol.

Best Answer

Because back then Parents where allowed to be Parents and didn't have to do jail time for disciplining (spanking) their children.

Best Answer

Where do you live?

Best Answer

Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Best Answer

you are right. I live in Howard county MD and EVERYTHING is considered child abuse here. A woman was arrested for letting her 12 year old walk half a mile to school. Still, sometimes kids are disrespectful because their parents are disrespectful to them and kids are not given any say in their lives so they rebel in what little ways they can.

Best Answer

Cause now they can bring the long arm of the law down on you. If I would even look at my father wrong he would of impaled me against the wall, there has got to be something better than this violence that only breeds more violence

Best Answer

Gee, I wonder why? The older generation blames the younger generation for being the way it is, as though the older generation had absolutely nothing to do with it.<br />
I do know what you mean, about people acting like spoiled brats and talking back to parents & being ungrateful or condescending. BUT it's not as though the kids "just turned out that way". Take a look at your parenting skills and ask yourself why you'd expect your kids to be any different. <br />
You teach people. Young people are profound learners. If they're not learning to be the way you want them to be, you (parents are the FIRST TEACHERS) are at least partially to blame.<br />
(I realize all kids are different, but raising "good kids" is not a roll of the dice, either.)<br />
So don't condescend to us, please. Especially when certainly not all of us are the 'spoiled brats' you make us out to be. Lots of us try very hard, and don't deserve your prejudicial "age-ism".

Best Answer

Because kids today are not taught to respect anyone or anything. The total emphasis is on themselves and whatever they do or want is okay.

Best Answer

The era changed. Now a days, everyone is into brand names of everything. Most parents give the child almost everything they like and want. There's not much respect as it used to be.

Best Answer

If you are looking for a culprit, look to tv programmimg for kids, advertising for kids and even some of thoswe family 'sit-coms'., and Dr, Spock.<br />
I think it's a sad truth how the vast majority in our culuture turn a blind eye to the power that television proagramming, advertising, and now video games are having such a huge negative impact on our culture (what's left of it) for both our children and the adults that are supposed to raise them.

Best Answer

My children know that the hand of death is always hovering, waiting to swat them into the next world if they really c0ck up. They are certainly spoiled, but all grown-ups are ma'am and sir, all requests are please and thank you, etc.

Best Answer

cause the parents cant woop there arse anymore wich equalls spoiled

Best Answer