on second thought... less sad more sickkkk
Rosesanddiamonds Rosesanddiamonds 22-25, F 49 Answers Aug 20, 2010

Can you explain to me why you think it's sick?

I think that these relationships don't always work out because the two people are in very different stages of their life- but it is definitely not correct to say that this is always the case, as has been proven by others!

I am 21 and have been attracted to older men, often in their 40's-50's. They have not been famous millionaires. They were all down to earth, working class, intelligent, compassionate and quiet. I have found them physically attractive and been attracted to their personalities.

The idea of being with an older man may not appeal to you, but because you don't understand it yourself does not mean that there is anything wrong with it.

I think the younger male/female should be at least 18 if going out with a considerably older partner, but that's where it ends for me.

In this society these relationships do have stigma attached. Stigma is not based on any reality.

Liz

Best Answer

That's not always true. My mom keeps going after 50/60 year olds and she's almost 40.

Also, my husband is 37 and I'm 21.

Sometimes love simply happens happens. It doesn't know age.

Best Answer

as said previously whos says they do its not a strict rule it happens. like younger girls do ever go after older men? younger men go after older women. not everthing is one sided or black and white

Best Answer

Actually, everything is black and white to me. I mean that literally too. lol

Best Answer

then your missing out on all the subtle shades of gray inbetween that make things intresting

Best Answer

Women SHOULD go after younger men. My dad always told me that haha (I found someone 5 years older though). His theory was that since men tend to die younger than women, even if they were the same age, the woman will be alone for lets say 10 years of her life. So if she goes after someone 5 years older than her, she'll be alone for 15 years before she passes away. But if she found herself a young fella who was 5-10 years younger than her, they'll likely die closer together. Awww how sweet heh heh

Best Answer

Men are visual creatures, and I think they feel more important when they can get a younger woman. I also think men like the less opinionated and often easily controlled younger woman, who is more seen than heard and don't try to out do them or out smart them.

Women I think need someone with performance, perhaps someone they can train to be the way they want them. Just a guess though.

Best Answer

I don't get it either. I want someone close to my age no matter what.

Best Answer

agreed!

Best Answer

Both may be trying to regain their youth. Both may be trying to find someone who hasn't been effed up yet.

There's a third--rarer--possibility: love.

Best Answer

I don't. I'd feel ridiculous.

Best Answer

the only sad world is one where your not open to things like your question the sadest world is when your blinkered love is love no matter what age you are

Best Answer

For some, age isn't a factor. Some younger women want to have an intellectual or experienced conversation and the men her age in her life are self-absorbed, lets go do keg-stands this weekend types. The same is true for men. And about a dozen or so other examples. At the end of the day, if both parties are consenting adults and making their own choices, what difference does it make?

Best Answer

sexual superiority issues... and more sexually experienced to push themselves at the younger people ... they flirt easier also then inexperienced younger ones... young ones are easy prey to older hunters and often young people are fearful of the beauty of women closer to the age and vis-verse

Best Answer

It is who wears the pants! Most mid aged men or women are financially stabled and ever ready for commitment or affair whatever you called it. So the younger partners are normally the one who gets the benefits from such relationships. I would call it leach. Sorry Demi Ashton but how long do you think a woman of third age group to last and keeping up with her 20 or 30 year old beau .... unless she is super rich like Madonna and Jesus!

Are we living in a sad or sick world? I don't think so, it is all in your state of mind..if you see thinks in another perspective, you will not post this question. Think about it.

Best Answer

This is very simple as both middle aged genders are both older and wiser with a well established income for most of the things they have need of in life .

Best Answer

I think that question is based on a cliche that probably comes from the previous centuries. In the old times societies followed strict rules and de facto arrangements.

In this modern era, people are indeed free to do these new things, but personally I feel sorry for the young one (is manipulated to bone) :P

Best Answer

People have been doing this for thousands of years with no hint of stopping anytime soon. It's in our nature. If that's what makes you happy...

Best Answer

It is very difficult to describe what I do. I am not pitting my mind against YOURS so much as against the Beliefs pushed on you mostly by churches interested in diminishing your joy, freedom and enlightenment which hold you back from having what you want. Women are highly sexual but the church has told them this is bad and wrong.

If you study our understanding of ancient times (30,000 years ago and more) the sexual feminine was the norm. We have clear records that in many religious cultures young women were novitiate-priestesses given as gifts to men who were exceptional producers. Those women who did not stay to become full priestesses were seen as more desirable. There was none of the 'I want a virgin for a wife." Experience was seen as valuable, just as we see educated people and skilled people as more valuable today. Should that woman be pregnant or have a child, she was seen as even more valuable, because she proved she could produce the future generation, just as someone with the proven track record of succeeding at a task is seen as more valuable than the person who might have studied a great deal, but has never applied their knowledge and skill.

The point is sexual women were not looked down on or shunned, they were held as valuable.

At some point there was a power struggle between the male priests and the female priestesses. The women were pushed out of the temple and the rise of the One Male God with No Female was promoted. This was done along side branding the former priestesses, who still gave sex for being supported as *****-prostitutes. The Christian church has promoted Jesus's wife Mary Magdalena as being a ***** and her writings destroyed. (If you are silly enough to think he was not married, learn just the basics of who is responsible for what at a Jewish wedding, then look at the wedding of Cana and everything points to that being Jesus's wedding to Mary M. It is also Jewish law that a Rabbi be married. He is referred to as rabbi-teacher) The church still Promotes the idea that sex is bad (except in their very controlled manner), being naked is bad, even though God threw Adam and Eve out of the Garden for being dressed! That church talks about sin, humans being flawed and incapable of becoming enlightened on their own, especially without paying the ‘fees-tithes’ to the One True Church, which is in the case of every church them and not anyone else.

The church knows it cannot compete with sex, which is likely the true path to spiritual enlightenment. So next best thing is to degrade sex and degrade women who are sexual and loving.

Look in our current cultures. You see young beautiful women who attract and are given a wonderful material life because they are beautiful and sexy, but society Looks Down on these women because they used Sex as a way to get what they wanted. Stupid Bimbo. Just a pretty dumb girl who uses sex to get what she wants.

Would you look down on a carpenter who used a hammer and saw? A

Best Answer

this seems to be a popular question, well all i know is from my opinion im a 19 year old male, and im very attracted to older women in there 30's and 40's so if any are looking for fun talk to me:)

Best Answer

Gamut hit the nail on the head: by the time you're 35 or 40, most of the people in your own age cohort are involved in other relationships and not available. And if they ARE available, why? there must be something wrong with 'em, right?

So the only real choice we have is to get someone younger, who isn't as likely to be already taken.

And what the hell is wrong with you that you think age difference is 'sick?' Are you really that close minded? Day-am.....

Best Answer
Best Answer

Because they're weird or stupid?

I dunno, but as I get older, I find myself completely mesmerized by a middle-aged woman who has confidence in herself, knows she's attractive, is happy with her femininity and is delighted to show it.

Just t'aint nothin' like a classy, mature woman.

Best Answer