There is always something to fear.
darkice123 darkice123 36-40, M 14 Answers Jul 6, 2012

Not every fear that counts...Some fears elevates us. Some fears are discouraging. Fear for elders, fear for tradition, fear for society and fear for the time all these are positive fears. <br />
Fear for devils, fear of phobias etc., can be shunned.

Best Answer

People who do not have the fear mechanism in place (its part of our instinctual survival package) tend not to live very long, and as a consequence often dont get to pass on this trait, luckily for the human race.

Best Answer

True ,people are far too complacent these days ,afraid to take risks unfortunately!

Best Answer

Fear is part of that risk assessment, a fear of falling does not necessarily mean one wont go bungee jumping (im an example of that lol) but to be afraid of large predators is essential for survival. I'm as afraid as the next bloke, when it comes to my personal safety but i still go walkabout alone in the most dangerous of inner cities. We are all afraid for the safety of our loved ones, community etc thats healthy and makes us a relatively successful species.

Best Answer

Some fears are healthy-motivating factors that contribute to your life and success!

Best Answer

It has to do with the self preservation impulse. Fear is healthy in a way that sometimes it allows us to continue living, but sometimes it just inhibits us from growing.

Best Answer

Justifiable fear keeps you safe. Unjustifiable fear destroys you from the inside.

Best Answer

Fear has me bound.

Best Answer

The truth is we need some healthy fear in life just to survive. There is that evolutionary way, where if you are at the edge of a cliff, your mind needs to go "Oh no! I need to move away from this place because it is not safe!" That is just physiological. But more than that, I feel fear is a huge motivator and pushes us to better ourselves. Like if you have a drinking problem, for example. Your spouse says "If this doesn't stop, I am gone." Because you FEAR them leaving and you being alone, you go into treatment and better yourself. Did I make sense?

Best Answer

Because it would be unfear.

Best Answer

Ive read in Shakespeare the word 'unafeared', so you may well be right.

Best Answer

I have lots of faults Olafsen, but making mistakes is not one of them.

Best Answer

Very true

Best Answer