Just for the record; My ancestors fought to free the slaves, I'm the first generation in my family to live in the south(i.e. I had no part of segregation), And I personally owe you not a single F****** thing for being born white
FlScorpio73 FlScorpio73 36-40, F 45 Answers Sep 21, 2010

Just for the record:

Not all blacks call whites names (I never call anyone names).

Not all blacks call each other the "n" word. If I hear it from anyone I take offense to it. Too ugly a word, with too ugly a history.

Black people are not a monolith, in spite of attempts from both outside AND within to try and make us one. Get to know us as individuals, as you probably would with someone white, and you might be surprised.

Best Answer

it has nothing to do with slavery.. there own ppl sold them to the white man read your history books.. its like the black ppl think the white ppl owe them something.. my family wus to poor to own slaves.. my family wus irish an native american.. black ppl forget that white ppl were slaves way befor thay were.. look at what the english did to the irish and scotish.. im tired of hearing abt the blacks being slaves.. bc white ppl were slaves as well... and im tired of being called racist bc i fly a rebel flag.. that flag is not hatred its herritage.....

Best Answer

Sure did man coons didn't have it as bad as they say they did

Best Answer

Chris Rock had a comedy skit on the topic that summed it all up rather wonderfully... Look it up on youtube and have a listen.

p.s. It isn't okay to call anyone names of any sort. Its certainly no mark of intelligence to go around calling people names like those.

Best Answer

p.s. what planet do you actually live on? It has nothing to do with intelligence, and everything to do with white Christians in this country being held hostage by political correctness being more important than the values by which this nation was formed

Best Answer

Because we live in the era of reversed racism.

Best Answer

IT's not ok for anybody to call anybody anything except their God given born name. Nobodys parents named them, Nigga, ******, Boy, Whitebread, Cracker, Honky, or Poor white trash. Everybody was given a name and should be called by that name. The double standard that blacks are given is totally wrong, and I am a black woman. I think it should be even, if blacks can call whites out of their names, then whites should do the same.

Best Answer

I agree

Best Answer

For me, if a black person calls me cracker or honky, them i have all the right in the world to call that person a ******, jigaboo, coon, or whatever because if they try to say it's racist, then I will say that what they say is racist and that they should practice what they preach.

P.S. I am white.

Best Answer

I agree man but that's how those coons are

Best Answer

Its not OK for anyone to say the words that are disrespectful to any race, but it happens. I have always liked what Morgan freeman had to say about it here: http://goo.gl/Be55l

Best Answer

Nobody here seems to get what's wrong with this double standard.

It is indeed a double standard that a white person cannot say "******," but a black person can say "honkey". You aren't hallucinating, and your experience is not excptional: the double standard is there in America.

The rationale given for the double standard is that because whites have far more power in America than any other race, when they use a racial epithet it carries far more insult. In other words, because a black person is "oppressed" by what is around them every day -- a country that favors whites over blacks in a million different ways -- the word "******" reminds them of all this oppression; but what does "honkey" bring to mind? Nothing at all -- except a powerless black person trying to insult someone who will always be on top. The word "honkey" is usually met with laughter for this reason, no matter who says it.

Personally I disagree with this view. If racism is only important because of the power difference between whites and blacks, then IT WILL NEVER BE SOLVED, because whites will always be more powerful in America, because they are more numerous.

The people that are telling you that "******" matters more than "honkey" are basically ensuring that we will remain at each other's throats forever.

The real solution to racism is to stop self-identifying first and foremost by your race. This view is unpopular because it requires the most work from minorities, not from whites; and because it cannot be legislated, so that government and activists have no easy way to "feel good" by "doing something" about it. The change has to happen slowly, at a personal level. Parents have to teach this to their children.

I won't be holding my breath. But every time someone says the word "honkey," I am disgusted by their ignorance -- not offended by the word, just disgusted at the fact that they have not challenged what they're being told about racism in America. And so they help to perpetuate it, instead of helping to end it.

Best Answer

There is kind of an unwritten rule that says people can say things about themselves that others may not be permitted to say. That explains the casual use of the N word by some black people. It doesn't indicate that it would be OK for a white person to say it--white people's use of the word brings up bad historical memories.

Also, although racism looks just as ugly and is just as reprehensible when practiced by a black person as by a white person, in a white majority society, a white person's racism has a much more destructive social effect due to the demographics. Majority groups have more potential power to do evil with racist ideas than smaller groups do. So, although I'd say racist ideas are just as bad coming from black Americans as they are coming from white people, they are more frightening and destructive when promulgated by white people due to the larger numbers.

I guess I should add that today, due to globalism, the demographics are changing. You can reverse the above when whites become the minority--it's already happened in my own city (Los Angeles).

Best Answer

ill tell you why have you ever had the KKK march down your street chanting and burning crosses being an 8 year old girl going to school being called racist names and such dont be a bigot so you got disrespected i get called darkie black girl Ethiopian all the other racist names Ive been called before im sorry if your feelings got hurt but be the bigger person and stop whining and that story up there is true fyi that was my mother and shes lighter than me and shes 39 just to let you know also she grew up in little rock Arkansas Texas well OK lets say im German is it OK for me to joke about Jew burning and how they smell no cause thats sick do you really want your people enslaved than reverse history and have your equality because i deal with racism everyday and im no whining like a little ***** suck it the **** up yes slavery has been over for 150 years ago but "black" people only just got suffrage and equal rights 40 years ago so if your gonna state facts know your **** i guess Jim crow laws dont ring a bell hmmmmmm or Emmett till doesnt ring a bell or the little rock 5 also do you even know where these racial terms come from they have a less bad back ground than the n word like honkey is a white male who dates a black female who doesn't ring the door bell when he picks her up but hunks his horn to let her know hes there compares to the n word thats nothing

Best Answer

Have you had the KKK march down YOUR street? I think not. Just for the record, my feelings being hurt by people who mean nothing to me, is not the issue at hand. The point is, if you TRULY want equality, you can not gain your rights at the expense of mine. And as for me whining, I'm not the one demanding or expecting compensation for something that didn't actually happen to me. Slavery's been over for what - like 150 yrs., move on.

Best Answer

who gives a toss what someone calls me.... im white they re black, yeah pc has gone to extremes but whats wrong with just using people s given names instead of all this rubbish.....respect goes both ways.......

Best Answer

you can say it. it may not be accepted by all, but nobody can stop you from saying it. i don't use the word and i try and educate the youngsters around me on what the workd represents. i also don't call people crackers or honky, because most of the white people today don't even know where it came from or what it means. being a black man, i also don't try and make it seem like racism doesn't exist on the streets and especially in the workplace. i've recently retired from the military, and even though we're a diverse group, you'd have to be stupid, or nieve to think it doesn't show it's ugly head from time to time.....and you're right, you don't owe me a f*&king thing, but again don't act like my ancestors had a choice. the life you live today came from the lives your parents, grandparents and their grandparents made off of the backs of my parents, grandparents and their grandparents. i'm not asking you for a dime, but again please don't act like this country built itself on the backs of the white population. really, i can't blame you for the $120,000 i make every year, after retireing from 20 years in the military. "I did that all by myself"!!!

Best Answer

Beacause "n*****" literally means "ignorant" (look it up), which was the easier term for uneducated black slaves. so ppl don't think cracker has any real meaning, but 6 of one, half dozen the other. I personally think ppl have every right to call "ignorant" people n***** when they are, no matter what the race.

Best Answer

"Cracker" was the term for the overseer, from the "crack" of the whip. Where would one "look up" the other word as meaning "ignorant"? I'm asking sincerely, as my family's from the South and "Negro" and "nigra" were terms that were used even when I was a child.

Best Answer

First of all a ****** will say that the word is offensive because of their past. This is bullshit because it has no direct affect on them.

They will say that forgetting the past is bad so they have to stay butt hurt about the issue. They will never bring up how they warring tribes in Africa would sale themselves into slavery and that white people just bought them and set them free latter. The whole issue is ridiculous. People need to just realize that calling someone a ****** is no more hurtful than calling someone retarded. This is the case as a black person isn't a ****** at birth they have to grow up and be gangsta to earn the ****** status.

Best Answer

Bullshit

Best Answer

EXACTLY! (Last sentence) There IS a difference between a Black (aka Afrcn. Amrcn.) person and a N*GG*R! I was VERY recently called a "Cracker B*tch" by my horrible N*GG*R neighbor ... because I told my kids not to talk to his kids. The reason? ~ HIS kids (5 and 9 ... YUP 5 years and 9 years old) have called my and my other neighbor's kids "little ******* and Mother F*ckers"! So, I'm sorry if I don't want MY child to have to listen to THAT! I raise my kids BETTER than that! He (the n*gg*r) heard me tell my kids not to talk to them ... he marched across the street to my yard and yelled profanities (in front of ALL of the kids) including the "Cracker *****" part ... nice huh?!~LoL! ... I was so flabbergasted, all I could say to him was "get the hell off my property"! But I AM the ***** here?! I don't think so! THAT, my friends (white, black, purple, yellow, orange) IS the epitome of Ignorance AND N*GG*RDOM!!!!

Best Answer

... and just so we are clear here, I've NEVER had to use ... or say that word UNTIL NOW!

Best Answer

I'm white and my ancestors where mainly torn apart by dogs, crucified, burned alive and even feed to lions on occasion, but i'm not mad at the romans. (if u haven't figured it out i'm talking about christens) I know there's a big time difference between that and blacks being enslaved, but it never happened to me or happening now so i have no right to be hateful to the romans. i'm sorry to all the black people out there for what your ancestors went through wasn't right, but dwelling on things like that isn't healthy and all it causes is more racism then there would be if people would let it go, but never forget it because history has a habit of repeating its self if forgotten. I remember reading that 40% of what people have raciest thoughts and its about the same number for every other race and 90% of those people don't hate the other race's they just don't know any. so if you take that in account (i'm horrible at math so i'm just guessing) that leaves like 4 to 7 percent of people in the world are actually racist. The point i'm trying to make is just stop talking about (just don't forget it) it that is the best way to fight it.

p.s. if u wanna get mad about what i said and post it don't talk about how stupid i sound or i can't spell lets just stick to the topic please.

Best Answer

If the Romans were still in power, and you lived in the shadow of the symbols of their power every day, then your analogy would be apt.
But, since their empire fell over 1600 years ago, your comparison isn't valid at all. The Christians are on top, now.

Best Answer

who said it was ok for blacks to call whites that ? it's only when the ( N ) word slips out do people gasp and point. lol ! a better question should be, why do they hate being called the ( N ) word ? and why do words bother black people more than white people ? i mean they are just words, am i right ? also now the word ( BLACK ) seems to be offensive as well. now why would that be ? now it's African American ? so the word ( WHITE ) is also a bad word if you think about it. i mean, how dare you call me white ??? !!! in fact in 50 years you are not allowed to look at a black person, you will somehow have broken some law somewhere. it will be an act of WAR. lmao !!!!!

Best Answer

Actually, where i was raised that words connotation was very different, now I live in the south. The thing is, they use that word more than I would have dreamed. Add all the crap I'm supposed to eat politely witha knife and fork because their grandparents remember segregation, I'm tired of it. I'm disgusted with the sense of entitlement over something I had absolutely no part in perpetuating.

Best Answer

What is this Kindergarden?

Best Answer

No. It's the real world slowly disintegrating into a big bag of ****. But thank you for playing our game. How truly oblivious are you?

Best Answer

Really? Google the phrase 'dominant culture'. Read up on history.

You do realize that there were still race riots, cross burnings, and lynchings until well into the 1960s, right? It's still fresh in a lot of people's minds. It was only a generation ago that black people had to live in fear and were treated like garbage. And it still ain't perfect.

There is still a lot of racism and prejudice in our society against minorities. I see it every day. We don't live in a raceless society yet. Words are weapons.

Calling someone of the same group an ethnic slur or profane name is often a way of 'taking the word back'; an attempt to make the word powerless. It's also subject to group dynamics. For instance, my G'pa is Irish. Among his Irish friends, they jokingly call each other "filthy micks" or "drunken paddys". BUT it would be insulting if a stranger--especially a non-Irish one--were to employ the same language.

Personally, I am of mixed heritage. I've lost a lot of job opportunities and housing opportunities sight unseen--simply because of my very ethnic-sounding black name. I've had to deal with the "N" word. I refuse to say it. It's an ugly word. Among my black and mixed friends, it's kind of a joke. They can't get me to say it. Even when it was said to me ( "mah nigga"--lovingly, by a boyfriend who was black), I would still only call him "my ninja".

When a non-black person calls a black person the N-word (unless they're BFF) it is rarely meant kindly and carries a lot of historical weight. It's an insult.

Then again, nobody should be calling you a honky or cracker, either.

Best Answer

I agree, you should look on my post what I wrote. It's under whowantstoknow3 on the first page.

Best Answer

It's not okay, but it isn't as bad either. Whites were never systematically discriminated against in America.

Best Answer

If the N word and the H word is oppressing then why call each other that word? Why oppress each other with it. It is still disrespectful to each other if you call each other the N word even if you are black, and the H word if you are white.

It only keeps the word around and banning a word only keeps the good people from using it in the first place because bad people will still use it.

Best Answer