Just for the record; My ancestors fought to free the slaves, I'm the first generation in my family to live in the south(i.e. I had no part of segregation), And I personally owe you not a single F****** thing for being born white
FlScorpio73 FlScorpio73 36-40, F 46 Answers Sep 21, 2010

Just for the record:<br />
Not all blacks call whites names (I never call anyone names).<br />
Not all blacks call each other the "n" word. If I hear it from anyone I take offense to it. Too ugly a word, with too ugly a history.<br />
Black people are not a monolith, in spite of attempts from both outside AND within to try and make us one. Get to know us as individuals, as you probably would with someone white, and you might be surprised.

Best Answer

1- There are many people who use the terms regardless of race,
2. You are mentally separating yourself from society through use of the term "us" if you really care about equality then you would not refer to your entire race as being somehow different from anyone else.
3. You assume that all white people dont socialize or form bonds with a different race in the same way they would with a member of their own race- which, is completely false. There are always going to be extremist, and narrow minded people who do see others of a different race as different and in doing so carry on inequality. You successfully proved that by grouping yourself into your own race saying "get to know us as individuals"... you are trying to prove a point, but somehow managed to create a paradoxical sentence. You are projecting how you* as a black person perceive white people.... You dont believe white people see you or form relationships with your race on an individual level, successfully proving that you have perceive whites to be different, and proved that you yourself have a different mind set towards them. (Maybe you should try to change perception of race and consider yourself to be equal, then you might be able to see that equality is not all on paper, it requires change of mind and pride in yourself.
4. The word ******, originated as a neutral term -in England, and has since taken on a meaning of hate, if you* and many other people in the world recognize, that the word is still used in many African nations as well as Asia, is a word of classification by race not hate, then the word would revert back to it's neutral form.

Best Answer

1) Yes, and they are either racists, or trying in some misguided way to "neutralise" the "n" word. They can't, in the U.S. (where I live) too many people have died violently hearing it. Educate yourself and check out "100 Year of Lynchings" or "Without Sanctuary: Lynching Photography". This is the reality, not theory, of the heritage of the oppression and the word. POST slavery.
2) That's bullshit. Period. YOU are assuming that society doesn't include black people, which is very telling. I was responding to the poster's assumptions about black people as a group. I identify as a black person, so in that context "us" is appropriate.
3) YOU assumed (again) that rather than addressing the poster's question I was addressing all whites, and clearly projecting your own bigotry (again). I'm well aware that some whites are capable of having close relationships with non-whites, including their own children and spouses. As my mother has for the past 50+ years (this may be news to you, but it IS possible for a white person to have a biological non-white child) with me, my siblings and our black father---her husband. And I have no doubts whatsoever of my equality. Doesn't change the fact that I occasionally have to remind others.
4) I don't care where you claim the word came from. I know how it's been used in the U.S.A. (see #1). I don't see it being neutralised after that history, too much blood has been shed. The blacks who use it are fools, and the non-blacks who use it are racists. Period. And, frankly, you can take YOUR condescending, racist attitude, and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Blocking you now.

Best Answer

it has nothing to do with slavery.. there own ppl sold them to the white man read your history books.. its like the black ppl think the white ppl owe them something.. my family wus to poor to own slaves.. my family wus irish an native american.. black ppl forget that white ppl were slaves way befor thay were.. look at what the english did to the irish and scotish.. im tired of hearing abt the blacks being slaves.. bc white ppl were slaves as well... and im tired of being called racist bc i fly a rebel flag.. that flag is not hatred its herritage.....

Best Answer

Sure did man coons didn't have it as bad as they say they did

Best Answer

I agree, although if you want to prove your point better, spell out words common man! It's true, as a history major and a Southern woman, I am constantly defending the fact that the Confederate flag is not a symbol of hate, or malice. I look upon the flag as a respect for those who died for it. The Civil War was NOT** fought because of slavery, it was a battle based on state power vs. central power. The Southern states believed that the central government, far from it's population did not have the authority to impose measures of magnitude upon it's people... Slavery only entered the topic at the end of the war, Lincoln himself stated “I would save the Union. … If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; and if could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it. … What I do about Slavery and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save this Union.”- a man seen as the righteous president to end slavery, didn't care about either- his main goal and main objection was preservation of the Union at all costs!- CANT LEARN THAT IN ELEMENTARY

Best Answer

The flag represents a heritage of hatred (that's why the KKK flies it), and the only reason it exists is because the South was fighting for the right to own slaves as part of their "way of life". And in the U.S. the majority of slaveowners were white, all of the slaves (NOT indentured servants) were black. Most racists are tired of hearing about it, like yourself and your fellow klansmen below you. But that's too bad.

Best Answer

You are ignorant. Please read what lelisabelucky wrote. Also, you should look up Anthony Johnson. He was the first person to legally own a slave. He was also black. In fact, in the south there were 3,775 slave owners that were black. They owned a collective 12,760 slaves.
Not all of the slaves were black either. There were many Native American slaves and, believe it or not, many white indentured servants which is basically a slave until they pay off debts.
The Confederate Flag doesn't represent hate. It doesn't only exist because the South wanted the right to own slaves.
I am not racist, but I am certainly tired of African Americans thinking that white people owe them something for slavery. Stop dwelling in the past and learn to forgive but not forget. Slavery was a part of every countries history and it should stay that way.

Best Answer

Chris Rock had a comedy skit on the topic that summed it all up rather wonderfully... Look it up on youtube and have a listen.<br />
p.s. It isn't okay to call anyone names of any sort. Its certainly no mark of intelligence to go around calling people names like those.

Best Answer

p.s. what planet do you actually live on? It has nothing to do with intelligence, and everything to do with white Christians in this country being held hostage by political correctness being more important than the values by which this nation was formed

Best Answer

Your right about, it has nothing to do with intelligence. However, not all Christians are right, not all people in the U.S. are Christians, and "held hostage"? The country's founding documents were indeed seeded and sowed in values, values originating in Christianity (OF ALL KINDS), your a poor representation of values if you believe that the founding documents held Christian virtues above anyone elses. The documents are central around the idea that the individual is more important than any one group and that ALL people regardless of religious affiliation have the right to be equal and safe in this nation. Saying "held hostage" do you know what that term means- it means being seized as security in wait for conditions to met.... what the hell are you trying to say, that as an individual the right of free speech doesnt allow you to say what you want to say? THE ONLY PERSON HOLDING YOU FROM SAYING WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY IS YOURSELF... AND YOU ARE ONLY HOLDING BACK BECAUSE OF A DUPLICITOUS FEAR OF BEING PERCEIVED AS DIFFERENT. NO ONE IS HOLDING YOU HOSTAGE. AND CHRISTIANS ARE NOT THE ONLY RELIGION- THE VALUES OF WHICH YOU SPEAK AFFIRMED THAT .

Best Answer

How does religion have anything to do with this? Are you saying that white atheist aren't, or should be, "held hostage by political correctness being more important than the values by which this nation was formed"? If so you are one of the most ignorant people I've ever encountered in my life.

Best Answer

Because we live in the era of reversed racism.

Best Answer

IT's not ok for anybody to call anybody anything except their God given born name. Nobodys parents named them, Nigga, ******, Boy, Whitebread, Cracker, Honky, or Poor white trash. Everybody was given a name and should be called by that name. The double standard that blacks are given is totally wrong, and I am a black woman. I think it should be even, if blacks can call whites out of their names, then whites should do the same.

Best Answer

I agree

Best Answer

For me, if a black person calls me cracker or honky, them i have all the right in the world to call that person a ******, jigaboo, coon, or whatever because if they try to say it's racist, then I will say that what they say is racist and that they should practice what they preach. <br />
P.S. I am white.

Best Answer

Its not OK for anyone to say the words that are disrespectful to any race, but it happens. I have always liked what Morgan freeman had to say about it here: http://goo.gl/Be55l

Best Answer

Nobody here seems to get what's wrong with this double standard.<br />
It is indeed a double standard that a white person cannot say "******," but a black person can say "honkey". You aren't hallucinating, and your experience is not excptional: the double standard is there in America.<br />
The rationale given for the double standard is that because whites have far more power in America than any other race, when they use a racial epithet it carries far more insult. In other words, because a black person is "oppressed" by what is around them every day -- a country that favors whites over blacks in a million different ways -- the word "******" reminds them of all this oppression; but what does "honkey" bring to mind? Nothing at all -- except a powerless black person trying to insult someone who will always be on top. The word "honkey" is usually met with laughter for this reason, no matter who says it. <br />
Personally I disagree with this view. If racism is only important because of the power difference between whites and blacks, then IT WILL NEVER BE SOLVED, because whites will always be more powerful in America, because they are more numerous.<br />
The people that are telling you that "******" matters more than "honkey" are basically ensuring that we will remain at each other's throats forever.<br />
The real solution to racism is to stop self-identifying first and foremost by your race. This view is unpopular because it requires the most work from minorities, not from whites; and because it cannot be legislated, so that government and activists have no easy way to "feel good" by "doing something" about it. The change has to happen slowly, at a personal level. Parents have to teach this to their children.<br />
I won't be holding my breath. But every time someone says the word "honkey," I am disgusted by their ignorance -- not offended by the word, just disgusted at the fact that they have not challenged what they're being told about racism in America. And so they help to perpetuate it, instead of helping to end it.

Best Answer

We live in the era of a double standard. If I'm white and apply to a college with the same score as a black person, it's 80% proof that due to affirmative action the black girl will get accepted, because it awards those of a minor "further points"... The minorities in this country say they want equality- but what they really practice is to continue creating and forcing the perception that they ARE different and not equal so that they can continue enjoying the government funding and 'special' treatment issued to them. It's disgusting, I believe I am just as equal and any black person, but they get treated differently, they will received more* government aid, and medical aid than me, and if I mention that they should be perceived as equals and eliminate affirmative action - I'm racist!

Best Answer

There is kind of an unwritten rule that says people can say things about themselves that others may not be permitted to say. That explains the casual use of the N word by some black people. It doesn't indicate that it would be OK for a white person to say it--white people's use of the word brings up bad historical memories. <br />
Also, although racism looks just as ugly and is just as reprehensible when practiced by a black person as by a white person, in a white majority society, a white person's racism has a much more destructive social effect due to the demographics. Majority groups have more potential power to do evil with racist ideas than smaller groups do. So, although I'd say racist ideas are just as bad coming from black Americans as they are coming from white people, they are more frightening and destructive when promulgated by white people due to the larger numbers.<br />
I guess I should add that today, due to globalism, the demographics are changing. You can reverse the above when whites become the minority--it's already happened in my own city (Los Angeles).

Best Answer

ill tell you why have you ever had the KKK march down your street chanting and burning crosses being an 8 year old girl going to school being called racist names and such dont be a bigot so you got disrespected i get called darkie black girl Ethiopian all the other racist names Ive been called before im sorry if your feelings got hurt but be the bigger person and stop whining and that story up there is true fyi that was my mother and shes lighter than me and shes 39 just to let you know also she grew up in little rock Arkansas Texas well OK lets say im German is it OK for me to joke about Jew burning and how they smell no cause thats sick do you really want your people enslaved than reverse history and have your equality because i deal with racism everyday and im no whining like a little ***** suck it the **** up yes slavery has been over for 150 years ago but "black" people only just got suffrage and equal rights 40 years ago so if your gonna state facts know your **** i guess Jim crow laws dont ring a bell hmmmmmm or Emmett till doesnt ring a bell or the little rock 5 also do you even know where these racial terms come from they have a less bad back ground than the n word like honkey is a white male who dates a black female who doesn't ring the door bell when he picks her up but hunks his horn to let her know hes there compares to the n word thats nothing

Best Answer

Have you had the KKK march down YOUR street? I think not. Just for the record, my feelings being hurt by people who mean nothing to me, is not the issue at hand. The point is, if you TRULY want equality, you can not gain your rights at the expense of mine. And as for me whining, I'm not the one demanding or expecting compensation for something that didn't actually happen to me. Slavery's been over for what - like 150 yrs., move on.

Best Answer

who gives a toss what someone calls me.... im white they re black, yeah pc has gone to extremes but whats wrong with just using people s given names instead of all this rubbish.....respect goes both ways.......

Best Answer

you can say it. it may not be accepted by all, but nobody can stop you from saying it. i don't use the word and i try and educate the youngsters around me on what the workd represents. i also don't call people crackers or honky, because most of the white people today don't even know where it came from or what it means. being a black man, i also don't try and make it seem like racism doesn't exist on the streets and especially in the workplace. i've recently retired from the military, and even though we're a diverse group, you'd have to be stupid, or nieve to think it doesn't show it's ugly head from time to time.....and you're right, you don't owe me a f*&king thing, but again don't act like my ancestors had a choice. the life you live today came from the lives your parents, grandparents and their grandparents made off of the backs of my parents, grandparents and their grandparents. i'm not asking you for a dime, but again please don't act like this country built itself on the backs of the white population. really, i can't blame you for the $120,000 i make every year, after retireing from 20 years in the military. "I did that all by myself"!!!

Best Answer

Beacause "n*****" literally means "ignorant" (look it up), which was the easier term for uneducated black slaves. so ppl don't think cracker has any real meaning, but 6 of one, half dozen the other. I personally think ppl have every right to call "ignorant" people n***** when they are, no matter what the race.

Best Answer

"Cracker" was the term for the overseer, from the "crack" of the whip. Where would one "look up" the other word as meaning "ignorant"? I'm asking sincerely, as my family's from the South and "Negro" and "nigra" were terms that were used even when I was a child.

Best Answer

First of all a ****** will say that the word is offensive because of their past. This is bullshit because it has no direct affect on them. <br />
They will say that forgetting the past is bad so they have to stay butt hurt about the issue. They will never bring up how they warring tribes in Africa would sale themselves into slavery and that white people just bought them and set them free latter. The whole issue is ridiculous. People need to just realize that calling someone a ****** is no more hurtful than calling someone retarded. This is the case as a black person isn't a ****** at birth they have to grow up and be gangsta to earn the ****** status.

Best Answer

Bullshit

Best Answer

EXACTLY! (Last sentence) There IS a difference between a Black (aka Afrcn. Amrcn.) person and a N*GG*R! I was VERY recently called a "Cracker B*tch" by my horrible N*GG*R neighbor ... because I told my kids not to talk to his kids. The reason? ~ HIS kids (5 and 9 ... YUP 5 years and 9 years old) have called my and my other neighbor's kids "little ******* and Mother F*ckers"! So, I'm sorry if I don't want MY child to have to listen to THAT! I raise my kids BETTER than that! He (the n*gg*r) heard me tell my kids not to talk to them ... he marched across the street to my yard and yelled profanities (in front of ALL of the kids) including the "Cracker *****" part ... nice huh?!~LoL! ... I was so flabbergasted, all I could say to him was "get the hell off my property"! But I AM the ***** here?! I don't think so! THAT, my friends (white, black, purple, yellow, orange) IS the epitome of Ignorance AND N*GG*RDOM!!!!

Best Answer

... and just so we are clear here, I've NEVER had to use ... or say that word UNTIL NOW!

Best Answer

I'm white and my ancestors where mainly torn apart by dogs, crucified, burned alive and even feed to lions on occasion, but i'm not mad at the romans. (if u haven't figured it out i'm talking about christens) I know there's a big time difference between that and blacks being enslaved, but it never happened to me or happening now so i have no right to be hateful to the romans. i'm sorry to all the black people out there for what your ancestors went through wasn't right, but dwelling on things like that isn't healthy and all it causes is more racism then there would be if people would let it go, but never forget it because history has a habit of repeating its self if forgotten. I remember reading that 40% of what people have raciest thoughts and its about the same number for every other race and 90% of those people don't hate the other race's they just don't know any. so if you take that in account (i'm horrible at math so i'm just guessing) that leaves like 4 to 7 percent of people in the world are actually racist. The point i'm trying to make is just stop talking about (just don't forget it) it that is the best way to fight it. <br />
p.s. if u wanna get mad about what i said and post it don't talk about how stupid i sound or i can't spell lets just stick to the topic please.

Best Answer

If the Romans were still in power, and you lived in the shadow of the symbols of their power every day, then your analogy would be apt.
But, since their empire fell over 1600 years ago, your comparison isn't valid at all. The Christians are on top, now.

Best Answer

who said it was ok for blacks to call whites that ? it's only when the ( N ) word slips out do people gasp and point. lol ! a better question should be, why do they hate being called the ( N ) word ? and why do words bother black people more than white people ? i mean they are just words, am i right ? also now the word ( BLACK ) seems to be offensive as well. now why would that be ? now it's African American ? so the word ( WHITE ) is also a bad word if you think about it. i mean, how dare you call me white ??? !!! in fact in 50 years you are not allowed to look at a black person, you will somehow have broken some law somewhere. it will be an act of WAR. lmao !!!!!

Best Answer

Actually, where i was raised that words connotation was very different, now I live in the south. The thing is, they use that word more than I would have dreamed. Add all the crap I'm supposed to eat politely witha knife and fork because their grandparents remember segregation, I'm tired of it. I'm disgusted with the sense of entitlement over something I had absolutely no part in perpetuating.

Best Answer

What is this Kindergarden?

Best Answer

No. It's the real world slowly disintegrating into a big bag of ****. But thank you for playing our game. How truly oblivious are you?

Best Answer

Really? Google the phrase 'dominant culture'. Read up on history. <br />
You do realize that there were still race riots, cross burnings, and lynchings until well into the 1960s, right? It's still fresh in a lot of people's minds. It was only a generation ago that black people had to live in fear and were treated like garbage. And it still ain't perfect.<br />
There is still a lot of racism and prejudice in our society against minorities. I see it every day. We don't live in a raceless society yet. Words are weapons.<br />
Calling someone of the same group an ethnic slur or profane name is often a way of 'taking the word back'; an attempt to make the word powerless. It's also subject to group dynamics. For instance, my G'pa is Irish. Among his Irish friends, they jokingly call each other "filthy micks" or "drunken paddys". BUT it would be insulting if a stranger--especially a non-Irish one--were to employ the same language. <br />
Personally, I am of mixed heritage. I've lost a lot of job opportunities and housing opportunities sight unseen--simply because of my very ethnic-sounding black name. I've had to deal with the "N" word. I refuse to say it. It's an ugly word. Among my black and mixed friends, it's kind of a joke. They can't get me to say it. Even when it was said to me ( "mah nigga"--lovingly, by a boyfriend who was black), I would still only call him "my ninja". <br />
When a non-black person calls a black person the N-word (unless they're BFF) it is rarely meant kindly and carries a lot of historical weight. It's an insult. <br />
Then again, nobody should be calling you a honky or cracker, either.

Best Answer

I agree, you should look on my post what I wrote. It's under whowantstoknow3 on the first page.

Best Answer

It's not okay, but it isn't as bad either. Whites were never systematically discriminated against in America.

Best Answer

If the N word and the H word is oppressing then why call each other that word? Why oppress each other with it. It is still disrespectful to each other if you call each other the N word even if you are black, and the H word if you are white.<br />
It only keeps the word around and banning a word only keeps the good people from using it in the first place because bad people will still use it.

Best Answer