So I'm talking to this guy, and he's single and desperate to hook up(not with me, I find him repellant), so I direct him to a few dating sites. He's had some luck, but he still complains and says he only dates "hot chicks, chubby chicks he would still date but never go all the way". He has a prospect: she's tall, busty and chubby, quite kinky and he's still complaining. Of course he's pretty overweight too, but he has these standards. I pointed out that for example "don't you think most of us want Channing Tatum instead of some chubby guy?" Women like their men to be hot too, but most of us would be called "shallow *******" if we expressed that kind of desire and you know its true...
Lov3intheasylum Lov3intheasylum 31-35, F 12 Answers Feb 8, 2013 in Singledom

Its equally wrong. At least men have a slight tendency to be more open about their shallowness...

Best Answer

Men are visual, so of course it may seem shallow

Best Answer

People are visual.

Best Answer

Agreed. The older we get, the easier it is to see past the physical, male or female. That's my $.02 anyways

Best Answer

BINGO!! It's biological.. not behavioral.

Best Answer

I guess I forgot to say the guy I mentioned is 25..of course if I said such an attitude is accounted for in younger guys I'd sound ageist.

Best Answer

Oh, Bullshit. Women invented the word "shallow" to describe men that don't Care for fat-*****. I've never heard men use this word to describe women. "Too Picky", maybe.

Best Answer

Men can be incredibly shallow, where have you been?

Best Answer

Men are not shallow, boys are shallow.

Best Answer

Some guys yes, all guys, no. Fat ***** is subjective but I respect you view and you're entitled to feel that way.

Best Answer

Men look at the whole body of the woman, whereas women look at only one THING, and that is why it works!!!

Best Answer

Count me as a woman, part of many who don't look at one THING. Sorry.

Best Answer

money doesn't matter to women?

Best Answer

To some, yes. However, I have my eyes on a guy who doesn't make much money, so I'm one of a few who aren't.

Best Answer

It's double standards, Check out the media; Men deserve a hot woman no matter what they look like. Name one time a ugly woman landed a hot man in the movies. It Never happens! Unless the "ugly chick" gets a make over montage she's stuck as comic relief or gets saddled with the most geeky and ugly guy, since "they look cute together". Look at The Big bang Theory, Only Amy's character looks remotely like the type of girl the guys would end up with in real life, the rest are all gorgeous, usually blond, and ALWAYS insanely attracted to their intelligence...Yeah that's realistic...<br />
Men get legit upset when they're forced to watch unattractive protagonists, there's a whole study done on similar double standards. Audiences don't like black Protagonists, not even black audiences. Is there an interracial relationship in the film? Well you'd better make the whole movie about that, audiences report irritation and annoyance when mixed race couples get little screen time and the "wacky story" of how they met is never brought up. It's almost as if they need a reason for a person to date out of their race.....

Best Answer

Popular media is fixed for the 18-30 male gaze, what else can I say except its pretty sad.

Best Answer

Don't complain about the media, Become the Media, I always say.

Best Answer

You're wrong. And channing tatum is ugly This is also one of the reasons I don't date.

Best Answer

That was an example

Best Answer

Good.

Best Answer

Also, I feel what the media says "women want" has backed you into a corner. You know all women aren't hung up on looks.

Best Answer

When did I ever say women were hung up on looks? lol. I rarely pay attention to the media. Why? Because it's ****.

Best Answer

Not being nosey but why it is you say you don't date? I mean it seems like its affected your world view just a little, or am I wrong...

Best Answer

... I hate marriage, I have little faith in the honesty of people when it comes to relationships, dating brings up bad memories, and etc.

Best Answer

I know how that is, and respect how you feel. I know I'm being an annoying optimist when I say, you never know what you may find if you take down that wall brick by brick..

Best Answer

Thanks...

Best Answer

And you're not being an annoying optimist.

Best Answer

Thanks. I'm actually a closet optimist lol

Best Answer

No problem.

Best Answer

I agree with you 100%! <br />
I once was being pursued by a chubby comic artist who was a permanent Bache. He was short, fat, and had a rather abrasive and off-putting personality, yet he had the highest standards of anyone I knew! <br />
He begged me to go out with him, yet he would go on and on about how much he loved thin petite women with beautiful faces. He begged me to sleep with him all the time, and when I refused, he would call me shallow and say it was because of his looks. I finally explained to him that it was not his looks at all, but his shallow personality that turned me off. Then I said, "Why do you even want me, if you're so hung up on these beautiful women?" <br />
He replied, "Hey, when I get hungry and can't have steak , I'll settle for ramen."<br />
Thanks a lot, jerk.

Best Answer

*bachelor

Best Answer

Those are the guys I speak of right there. Ugh, his soul seems gross.

Best Answer

They guy is paying.

Best Answer

There is nothing wrong with having standards. I also like my guy to have a little belly haha ;)

Best Answer

Standards are good, unless they're insanely unreasonable.

Best Answer

Why are you a python?

Best Answer

It's a rattlesnake, so it would be a pit viper, not a python.Snakes are my favorite animal :)

Best Answer

That's one example... I do not have have unrealistic standards. I'm good looking, with a low weight and average assets, and my standards may as well not exist. I can equally like and be turned on by almost anyone. Sometimes I find the chubby or 'ugly' girls more physically attractive, and that's without even going into the whole thing about inner beauty.

Best Answer

I'm guessing you haven't been all too brainwashed by what society considered "attractive". Good for you.

Best Answer

It's more because of this actually...EP Link

Best Answer

Where's the link?

Best Answer

It's stopping me for some reason. :/
Oh well.

Best Answer

Dang and I was really interested.

Best Answer

I see no link either. Is it on your profile?

Best Answer

Yes, but good luck sifting through pages to find it.

Best Answer

Can we have a title at least, so I'll know what to look for? lol

Best Answer

"And outer beauty is an opinion" listed under the "I Love Inner Beauty" group.

Best Answer

Thanks :)

Best Answer