I don't personally want to call anyone fat, BUT ppl are very hypocritical when it comes to girls who are skinny. Skinny girls esp if they are short have issues too bc every one thinks we're 12 yrs old.
Halston123 Halston123 22-25 20 Answers Jun 12, 2012

It's not ok....you need better friends

Best Answer

both are ******* rude. just 'cuz we have a fast metabolism doesn't mean we are anorexic -.-'

Best Answer

I'm skinny too, and it has irritated me for years that somehow it is alright for people to comment on my weight. They have been embarrassing me for years and I have always just laughed along with them.

Best Answer

I'm guessing the people calling you anorexic could stand to lose a few pounds. Google --> Hater =D<br />
OR they want to get in your pants and they're using a 'neg' a negative comment to try to make you have a poor self image which is often followed by an invitation for you to tuck them into bed.<br />
But seriously, these are the only 2 reasons i can come up with. No rational, happy/healthy/well adjusted person goes around calling others anorexic. I make that mistake often too, thinking that the person i'm speaking to is speaking from a rational point of view.

Best Answer

I feel the exact same way but I'm a dude. They think it's good to be skinny.

Best Answer

Consider the source: I was called anorexic by a therapist who was fat and on Weight Watchers for years. I am a grandmother; I watch what I eat, I eat three times a day; I exercise every day, three miles a day and do some push ups (she said that was excessive). Does that make me anorexic? According to her, I am. I know she is wrong. Ask any doctor if I am healthier then most women my age and they will say "yes".<br />
It is a good thing to pay attention to our health; there is a problem in our society with obesity, diabetes, and heart disease~~wake up people! <br />
Only you know if you have an issue with your weight and if it is not healthy whether you be too thin or too fat. <br />
So yes, I do think about every meal because I want to be healthy. I feel good, I look 10 years younger then others my age, and I can walk faster and have more endurance then some fat 20, 30, and 40 yr olds. <br />
I don't think people who are fat (or over weight) feel it is an insult to tell us we are too thin (or skinny) so just smile and say, "thank you". If they push more food in front of you, just say, "no thanks" and move on. They look up to us for having strength or willpower to say no. We can teach them with kindness. Don't get defensive, we are here to help each other. It matters not what you look like on the outside, it matters what you feel on the inside. We only live once as far as we know and this body is just a package. Beauty comes from within and if you put good things in, you will put good things out.

Best Answer

You make a very good point. I grew up with it. In Latin families you hear "you need to eat, you are wasting away" You sit at the table and they make you gorge on food. Punished if you don't clean your plate. <br />
American holidays are no better. You go to a thanksgiving get together and people sit around and eat while they wait to eat. You tell them you're full and they reply with "there's always room for desert." Is it a wonder we have weight issues? sigh

Best Answer

People are naturally fat too! It's genetic for most overwieght people yet they are expected to fight there nature so they don't offend.That's something that so many people will not accept so fat people are riduculed and insulted. I'm making T shirts in sixes 2x- 6x that say, " I beat Anorexia!"

Best Answer

It's pretty interesting. People hate on fat people alot, then others come to their defense. Now skinny people get demonized. ****'s cray. Basically if your weight is endangering your health there's a problem.

Best Answer

I know how you feel. When I was very visably anorexic a lot of horrible things were said to me. Including 'you look like you're about to drop dead. what's wrong with you?'.<br />
I just smiled and walked away and tried not to 'drop dead'.

Best Answer

It's not ok.

Best Answer

LONG RESPONSE BUT READ IT. <br />
First off, I'm a guy but it's just as hard to hear. I grew up having total strangers tell me that I'm too skinny. So bad I just wanted to respond, I'm normal but you're fat so go lose some weight. It's always perfectly OK to tell a person they're skinny but almost against the law to tell a fat person they're fat. Unfortunately in today's society where the majority of the population is overweight, a normal person comes off as skinny. IT WAS TOUGH ON MY SELF ESTEEM. Here's the good news.<br />
You're what's called an Ectomorph. You are not skinny per say, you're lean. Any doctor I went to said I was just fine. Here's more good news. EAT RIGHT and spend just a little time in the gym and because there's no fat to hide your muscles...you will look RIPPED! it will happen FAST. You will end up with the kind of body people wish they had when they're at the pool. I'm 46 and I eat relatively good. I'm not strict on my diet but I try and that's usually enough. Don't stuff yourself, just eat often. I eat 3,500 calories a day when I am looking to pack it on. It's a diet I got from a personal trainer. And finally my favorite part about being an Ectomorph. Now that I am older the people that use to pick on me are fat. I no longer look skinny, now I am lean and people ask me how I stay in shape.

Best Answer