theheartofmemphis theheartofmemphis 41-45, F 19 Answers Jan 13, 2011

The people who do this are insecure and are manipulators. It makes them feel powerful to see you uncomfortable. That's all I can say. They have to use you to make themselves feel better than you by manipulating you and making you feel bad.

Best Answer

Did it ever occure to you that you LET them? Stop playing the victim! I'm tired of you defenseless cry babies.

Best Answer

I have had my emotions played with, and apparently I have played with peoples emotions before. I dont think that it is ever intended, some people dont know what they really want and they end up hurting you in the process. Its not fair at all, but its a part of life and just one of those things that we have to watch out for.

PS. one thing I just have to say is that I have noticed a few answers where people say that its because the person is manipulative, insecure etc, and they could be right! But I have to ask one question to all these people:

Are you %100 percent sure that there isnt someone out there that thinks that you have played with their emotions?

I will give you an example: I met one guy who was a great friend, apparently he liked me more than a freind, but he never told me that, and if he did, I would have straight-out told him that I only wanted to be friends. I had no clue that he liked me, and when I started dating another guy I was accused of "playing with his emotions" I felt incredibly sorry for this, but I really didnt understand what I did to actually play with his emotions. We always hung out like mates, and he never gave me any indication that he liked me, either that or I just didnt pick up on the signals. I thought I was quite clear that I just wanted to be friends, but apparently not.

-I never would have intentionally done this, but he will always remember me as "the ***** who played with his emotions" I am very sorry for hurting him, because I cared about him as a friend, but looking back, I did make it clear to him, and he only saw what he wanted to see.

So sometimes when someone "plays with our emotions" they dont actually mean to hurt you. They just dont know what is going on.

Best Answer

To manipulate you; it does make them feel more powerful. And the only way it can make them feel power is if you give in and let them. If some person is toying with your emotions be strong and don't let them get to you. In the end though; the ones toying with your emotions will feel the guilt and pay the price in the end for their insecure behavior. Its really childish to toy with people's emotions

Best Answer

dear ur right coz they thinks it makes them feel powerful. Which shows how weak they essential are

Best Answer

Ditto PrincessMaine!

Best Answer

some people like seeing other people react, they use whoever than can find to serve as guiney pigs in their emotion experiment. sort of like promting people to act or react in the way yhey want them to. Like for example you know your sister hates being called hairy, so you do it cause it makes her angry. or you scream cacaroach to make you friend whos afraid of raoches scream. It may sound devious but people who internalize thoughts tend to build up walls as defence mechanisms and in those walls playing with people is a psycopaths only game and company.

Best Answer

I believe there are two types of 'playing' with emotions:

-The mean type

-The play fight type

The mean type would be bullying for example they take the mick out of you liking someone, take the mick out of what you like and generally upsetting you.

The play fight type is to make you, for example blush then take pleasure out of you doing that... Usually if a boy does it to a girl it means he likes her. another example is if they were to get you really depressed and then tell you something awesome and like to see how your expression would light up suddenly.

Best Answer

I am not sure if I actually do or dont play with peoples emotions . I tend to speak a lot from the heart and all of a sudden find myself in situations that are not misleading , but quite truthful and obviously heart felt by another. When i realize what the effect it has had on them , i then come unstuck in getting out of the situation with out hurting them, as they have a strong emotion to my conversations ( Often understanding of them along with a deep need ) and fall for that need in me . I actually did not realize that by my absence i am hurting people , often saying i am ignoring them after this close encounter of conversation , often about love . I now have to be careful , as I too can get hurt by their insecurities , and some words are said which effect me deeply .. Do we all really intentionally go out to do this ? I would say some do , for ill use , but most i actually do not think that the intentions are there to deliberately set out to do so.....

Best Answer

It makes them feel powerful. Which shows how weak they essential are.

Best Answer

Some people enjoying playin games as a way to make themselves look good. By boosting their emotions and lowerign yours, they feel better. But its a way of them dealign with their inferiority,

Best Answer

There are times when people do not realize how emotional,you are they can't always read you and some people just like fun and games,a person that really loves you and you love them they are the ones who you worry about the most.At about that time you let them have it and strighten their butt out!

Best Answer

sad but to some they find it amusing.

Best Answer

because they burned ants with a magnifying glass when they were kids, and they are still doing it... they don't know or want to know anything different, they like destruction and yawn at creation.

Best Answer

The only reason why people play with your emotions is because you let them...

Best Answer

I've been asking myself the same thing over many years :/ If you ever find an answer, please let me know.

Best Answer