What is romance all about ?
darkice123 darkice123 36-40, M 18 Answers Aug 11, 2012 in Community

Movies and books are where people can express their fantasies, which are almost always never realistic. It's what they imagine. What they wish could happen, but in reality, can never happen. It's what's fun about writing and reading and watching movies; being temporarily part of something dreamlike, escaping the dullness of realism for a while.

Best Answer

Typically authors like to show archetypal love. Reasonably simple, uncomplicated love.

The problem arises when you take that reasonably simple uncomplicated love and you throw in kids, bills, jobs, house work, lawn mowing, car problems, broken washing machines, miscommunications, friends, parents, neighbors, and all of minor annoyances that make up a normal life for a normal person. No amount of love can counteract reality. All you can do is hope you can still see what drew you to your love through all of the chaos.

Best Answer

a girl can dream right?

Best Answer

I think it does happen, but it is extremely rare.

Best Answer

Because, unlike romance books, in real life we have bills to pay and ****, lol.

Best Answer

Well they got to sell movies right! So they give people what they want, what sells, what seems impossible & unattainable to make you long for it more, a lot of us want what we can't have or think we can't have, so we buy a piece of it in the form of movies or books, I think this explains why I spend so much on exotic dancers at ***** clubs!!!

Best Answer

That's good, those suck. Life is much better.

Best Answer

they do & much better

Best Answer

Romance in real life is different to what it is in movies. It is more about the little things than over the top gestures. I think that when you are deeply in love with someone then romance is involved because of the things you do for one another to bring happiness and the feeling of love to each other.

Best Answer

It does sometimes, but then real life keeps on going. Real love requires time, trust, commitment. It's the part that happens after the romantic part fades back a little. You can have happily ever after, with the right person, but the ecstatic feeling of falling in love, being in love, will ebb and flow. If you're lucky and don't expect the other to fulfill all your needs, and don't give up too soon, the feelings will deepen over time.

Best Answer

It's all about what society believes women want to have and experience. Romance for men is nonexistent therefore it can only be a half truth not the real thing.

Best Answer

I ask myself the same question and idk :/ I guess it does happen but those are the lucky people :(

Best Answer

It does happen in real life. People do a lot of harm to their relationships. They don't realize that romance is there but there has to be balance and not think of it as an all or nothing.

Best Answer

romance become a myth nowadays

Best Answer

Romance, plainly put, is imagination. Being creative. Its got nothing to do with love.

Best Answer

Let's not talk about an outlier

Best Answer