I don't get why everyone says it can't work. They always say "don't ever mix business and romance." But what's so bad about working with someone you like in that way, or even love? Why does it have to be so wrong? I mean you can't help who you fall for, and if you fall in love with someone you work with then you're supposed to miss out on a love that could last? Or lose a job you've had forever to keep that love? Why?
Chayley Chayley 18-21, F 18 Answers Nov 24, 2012 in Romance & True Love

There's a real good chance the relationship won't work out, then you'll be stuck working with your ex and that can cause tension and just be overall crappy for the work place.

Best Answer

I met my wife at work. We've been married for 26 years.

Best Answer

Finally, nice to meet you. :)

Best Answer

Wrong may not be the best word for it. Risky yes....there is an old saying ..''don't sh!t where you eat'' Something is quite likely to go fowl, then you have to face it everyday your at work after it fails, very sticky place to be in then.

Best Answer

cause if it doesnt work out you get stuck seeing them every day

Best Answer

Some people think it will it could potentially interfere with your work and maybe it will cause a decrease in your work efficiency. I don't find anything wrong with it honestly. Just don't let it get in the way of your work.

Best Answer

Well I keep trying not to sleep with my colleague but he is just so irresistible that it keeps happening!

Best Answer

Don't dip your pen in company ink...It's just not a good idea..Sorry

Best Answer

You've heard the reasons, chances are that it won't work out, and then there you are, having to see the person every day at the place where you earn your bread and butter. Pretty awkward. I fell in love with a colleague a few years after my husband died. He and I started out as friends. We ended up together for 7 years, but 6 of those years happened after I transferred to another department.

Best Answer

Sometimes it just doesn't work because you end up only making sense in that environment. You become this awesome power couple that feels each other's mutual support and understanding. Then you get really serious and take the relationship elsewhere and suddenly it just isn't the same... your new husband finds a new "work wife" and you get jealous. Surely, you've heard of work wives/husbands? I wouldn't risk making one of them your actual husband. It's a recipe for divorce.

Best Answer

I don't think it's wrong. Any relationship can fail regardless of whether you work with them. As for the aftermath drama and rumors that too happens in every relationship. So I don't see why people are so against it. Most employers have policies against it which sucks because both parties will be fired if it's found out

Best Answer

and not just crappy for you. Everyone in the place will have to deal with the bs, and nobody needs any more bs at work than they already have.

Best Answer

Because the odds of it working are slim and when you break up it gets uncomfortable for all the coworkers. There is always drama, I've yet to see an office relationship work unless one leaves the company.

Best Answer

Well, it just sucks when you are stuck at that crappy job with the aftermath of the relationship not working out. It can be very uncomfortable.

Best Answer

if it goes wrong you see them every day all day long

Best Answer