Everybody parents differently.<br />
There need to be boundries or they wont grow up.<br />
A balance is good bu if we all parented the same way we would be very similar people and thats stupied.<br />
The only thing I dont agree with is child abuse, others feel differently

Best Answer

Yes I remember, but those were much more innocent times. Today kids have to grow up way too fast and are exposed to so many adult topics at a young age that you have to guard them like a hawk to make sure that some clown isn't trying to corrupt their little minds. <br />
Disgusting!

Best Answer

ya know... I wonder the same thing sometimes. My brother can treat my 3 year old nephew like he should be some genius kid at times. Smarts are important but sometimes just doing fun and being a kid is important too. Sometimes when my brothers not looking. I let me my nephew does whatever he wants with limitations of course. Sometimes he needs to be at ease...

Best Answer

yes..i remember..i was a kid...my parents did not drag me to 7 activities and after clases like these days parents do

Best Answer

Yes I do, and I let my kids be kids, to a point, they still had to learn chores, cleaning their room and being polite.

Best Answer

We do remember, that's why it's difficult. I often tell my kids that the reason I say "no" is because I probably already did what they want to do, had gotten hurt by doing it, and learned the hard way. Many parents don't want their children to repeat the mistakes they themselves had made.

Best Answer

I had the bestest childhood ever! My parents were so loving, kind, and precious to us, but we also knew what DISCIPLINE was , without harsh hateful words.<br />
I also believe in this with my own sweet children. I try to overcompensate, however , at times because my X just wants them to sit in MEETINGS all the dang time!!! Church is fine once or so a week, but 5 or 6 times a month 2 and 3 hour 4-H meetings and every activity out there, learning about birthing cows and writing the details and giving speeches at NINE (9) and 11 is absolutely RIDICULOUS for them, and takes them away from all the FUN things they love to do with Momma. They dont want to disappoint him, so they try not to say anything, but they tell everyone with SIGHS and sometimes TEARS how much they HATE all the meetings. It's really sad.

Best Answer

Hmm I never really acted like a kid even when I was a kid I act more like a kid nowadays I think ha. Reason is because I am the oldest in my generation so I had to be the one in charge all the time. The next closest in age to me is my sis she's 4 years younger so I was the babysitter. Kinda sad.

Best Answer

many people end up with a bunch of kids and end up in a single parent situation.<br />
then their kids are busy watching their new younger kids... parents who cant afford proper child care are having their other kids parenting their children ... selfish parents is what it is in my opinion .. dont have kids if you cant afford to give them all the life they deserve

Best Answer

Most kids today are born to single parents who dont have the time or money for them to be children. In poverty and when there's only one parent kids tend to be exposed to adult issues a lot earlier are less supervised. They experience earlier and more violence, earlier exposure to sex. If you only have one parent and they are working long hours to provide for you, who's watching you and blocking bad shows on tv, or supervising outside play? On the other hand I live in affluent neighborhood and am surrounded by psychotic smootherers. Kids are wearing suits and polo shirts at five, cant play outside, can never get dirty, cant eat anything but organic kale and soy crisps, are enrolled in dance, gymnastics, young scholars, and SAT prep before kindergarten. The moms want to be better than the next granola mom, they want their kids in an Ivy league school or Olympic team even if it kills them. I've never seen so many medicated, stressed out little kids before, dont want to see what kind of soulless anxiety ridden, socially awkward adults they grown into

Best Answer

I agree. I know a family that has 6 kids and watches 2. The kids aren't able to be kids. Every time they turn around they are getting into for something they did. They can't ride their bikes unless their chores are done. If their chores aren't done they don't get free time. such as computer, television, IPAD, etc. They only get movies on special ocassions.

Best Answer

We are pressured to grow up fast

Best Answer