its like if someone ask me a personal question in real life that i feel uncomfortable with, i try to find a way out of answering or i come up with something thats good enough for them. im not saying i feel comfortable answering every question online but i feel a little bit better.
Kirbyisme Kirbyisme 18-21, F 10 Answers Jul 10, 2011

I am a very private person in real life, but here I can open up and explore and share about anything. I know what you mean. What I am finding out now about myself is that the more I share here on EP, the more likely I might be more comfortable being more open in real life situations.

Best Answer

Good answer,you make an interesting point here.

Best Answer

You are anonymous,like we all are,we do not know you personally,we are not standing in front of you, looking you up and down,and judging you - and if someone is hostile or says stuff you don't want to hear,you can ignore them.

Best Answer

I am the exact same way. I don't feel like I can share everything with my friends and family for various reasons. Here, I feel safe enough to open up. Here I am completely anonimous.

Best Answer

I think it's all in the community, really. So far (the odd troll excepted) everyone has been really kind and non-judgmental. So it's a more comfortable environment. <br />
Idk, I'm shy online AND rl! (Anon confessions all the way). <br />
But EP feels different somehow, safe, in a way. Not necessarily the "here let me post my address and phone number, come by the house anytime" way, but "I don't have to worry about ppl laughing and pointing" way if that makes any sense.

Best Answer

You feeling more comfortable here probably has to do with not being face to face with people on here.

Best Answer

Because in person, your more vulnerable but on the internet, you could be anyone you want to be without being judged. Don't worry, I feel the same way.

Best Answer

thanks

Best Answer