Recently, my boyfriend has told me " I would ask you to marry me right now if I didn't think you would say no","I believe in love at first sight", and "I can't lose you" but never "I love you" Why?
bebitz bebitz 41-45, F 16 Answers May 29, 2009

The truth of it is ... they dont know what it means....

Best Answer

cause of soaps (telenovels) <br />
cause it sounds like you're acting in a bad movie, cause it's overused, cause the words lost their meaning, cause women ask for them words and when you want to say them it's like you'd say anything just to be left alone...<br />
(and in english it still sonds ok, i would say "i love you" in english alot easier, but other languages like mine... horrorr)

Best Answer

Because to say it and not mean it is evil. I only say it if I mean it.

Best Answer

Been seeing my man for 18months-its been pure bliss-no dramas-just good fun, relaxed times. He hasnt said "I love you" yet-and neither have I. I won't say it to him now, unless he says it to me first. Don't want to ruin a good thing by getting "serious'-think he was burned in past relationships and think the women started to act like a princess/expect too much after he said it to them. I know he loves me-and I know he knows i love him-and that is A-ok. Sometimes words have less meaning than actions-think we both know that instinctively.

Best Answer

I have been seeing my man for a year now. He told me once that he loved me a few months ago and hasn't said it again. I wonder why also... Then the other day he grabbed me in this great big hug and said good night love please drive safely.<br />
I don't know what it is about men but his actions do tell me he loves me. Can't live with them and can't live without them...<br />
I know you just want to hear the words more often

Best Answer

Either these men are not the expressive type, or else they find saying it cheesy or maybe corny, or they just don't feel like saying it unless they mean it.

Best Answer

i think it is because they would have to open there hearts to do that.. and most men where taught not to show their feelings<br />
i also think it is very sad... if GOD didn't want us to have feelings he would have kept that out when he made us..

Best Answer

its hard to say it if we dont love you... its easy to say it if we do love you... either way, its easy to say it if we think it will lead to you agreeing to have sex with us!!!! lol

Best Answer

If he cannot say it, say NEXT...<br />
The guy is afraid fo love. You dont need someone like that, you need a guy that has the ability to grasp love and feel it..say it, rejoice in it. If he cannot, then find a guy who can and will. Dont you deserve to experience the most important aspect of life? Sure you do.

Best Answer

As Northernwoodsgirl says, he may be “looking for some reassurance”. <br />
Also, it can be very hard for a guy to say “I love you”. Guys don’t have the same ability to deal with emotions that girls do so it’s far safer to keep their most personal feelings, such as love, hidden away. If a guy exposes his feelings (ie by saying “I love you”) and is then hurt by it (ie by not getting an “I love you” back), he is not able to deal with it.

Best Answer

I think bekkyboo is right, for guys actions do mean more than the words, don't get over worked about the words being said, play it cool and the words will come. As a guy, I know that's how I always felt. <br />
I would wait for him to say it first, guys are a little slow in that respect.

Best Answer

I'd rather have a man be sure of himself before saying he loves me than to have him say it because he knows that I expect to hear it. Also he might not love you and knows the difference. Loving and being in love are two different things. If you push it you will not get reality but a false representation and it won't last.

Best Answer

he sounds scared- that's why the 'i'd ask you to marry me' comment- looking for some reassurance.

Best Answer

some men are to little in the head to say "i love you" Some of us get giggled at when we say " I love you " It kinda differs with some guys.

Best Answer