LizardKing LizardKing 26-30, M 12 Answers May 1, 2012

because landlords find there's more money in catering to the rich so now its condo city

Best Answer

Because dummy's were buying hi dollar property and then the real estate bubble burst and now all of these "wise investors" are scrambling to make the payments on property that's worth less than half of what they bought it for.

Best Answer

A big part is government intervention in the housing market in the name of safety or stability. That makes it difficult for anyone to offer rents at reasonable rents. And large landlords are happy about it because zoning allows only so many places to be built which often keeps the supply artificially low; therefore, the rents artificially high.

Best Answer

It is so expensive because most landlords have mortgages, taxes, insurances , and in many cases utilities .. as well as maintaince on properties ....

These rising cost are passed in tho the tenants via RENTS ....

If youc an't afford a place on your own; try getting a roommate .... make sure that you have a WRITTEN agreement that included just about any problem that might come up , including who takes out trash , does cleaning , and overnight guest etc ....

Best Answer

Yeh i have a couple people and we are trying to find a 3 bedroom place but still the prices are insane!

Best Answer

Perhaps you need to lower your expectations in a place .. not saying get a dump; BUT something more within the means of the three of you ...

Best Answer

Also; MANY Realtors have a RENTAL Division ... ya' might want to check with a few ..

Best Answer

Oh believe me we are looking at EVERYTHING that is affordable I would be willing to settle for a dump at this point!

Best Answer

Supply and Demand. The small town I live in you can rent a 3 bedroom house for $400 a month.

Best Answer

omg really!!! guess whos gonna be your new neighbor :)

Best Answer

Holy ****! Where do you live just out of curiousity?

Best Answer

Small town in Texas

Best Answer

There are lots of small towns with lots of houses.
Just not a lot of Jobs.

Best Answer

Are you in a major city like NYC or something? Cause you can live real cheap in Detroit!!

Best Answer

San Francisco Bay Area. Not near as expensive as NYC but still pretty expensive!

Best Answer

Oh my god, say no more! Why dont you just move to Paris, lol! 1500 for a shithole, i know

Best Answer

I bet! Doesn't Detroit have the highest number of foreclosures to date?

Best Answer

Probably. You can rent a whole giant house in a terrible neighborhood for 500 bucks. Just depends on yr nerve

Best Answer

Ouch. Are you going to bail? I might be tempted

Best Answer

Dayaaaaamn!

Best Answer

I KNOW dude, I have the same problem right now...GRR. Stupid real estate market...trying to maximum gains while giving little in return.

Best Answer

=(

Best Answer

Because everyone is so fricken greedy ! That is why !

Best Answer

Yeah. Everyone is always asking way too much for crap because they know some yuppy is going to pay it!

Best Answer

That and the taxes. They will tell you that you are not going to pay the taxes, but how do they get the money to pay them for you? Right your rent. So you are paying the taxes...

Best Answer

Affordable

Best Answer

Yeah?

Best Answer