StabbedSurvivor StabbedSurvivor 26-30, F 11 Answers Jan 24, 2013 in Abuse

I wish I knew...there's a stigma and the bull **** philosophy that it the women wouldn't be in that type of position if she didn't want to be. When I was in that type of situation I found out quick that I was on my own. If you need anybody to talk to sweetie, I'm here. :-)

Best Answer

aww ty so much hun ♥ lord knows i need as much support as i can get right now, feel as if i want to give up, but my children are the one's making me hold on for dear life

Best Answer

I don't have kids but at the time I had pets that I pulled through for. It's hard. Just take one day at a time and be thankful that your out of the immediate danger. My thing happened 2008. It shaped me so much andI I still don't really trust anybody...but the guy got what he deserved and is long gone so at least I know he can't get to me anymore.

Best Answer

i am so happy to hear you are doing better, i can only hope that day comes soon for me, and yes it is so much harder when you have others that count on you as well. I am taking it one day at a time and i see that with the great people on this site i may get alot of support that i needed to begin with, ty

Best Answer

thank you God for being good to this woman - you are still alive and are breathing - you have been blessed to get through your horrific situation

Best Answer

awww ty so much♥

Best Answer

oh you're welcome :)

Best Answer

I had to help myself and I am stronger for it

Best Answer

I have been trying, with no one to support me and 2 children to take care of it is so hard, but i am getting there, one step at a time i guuess

Best Answer

I have been there also with 2 children

Best Answer

i am so happy that you got out, strong women amaze me everyday..... God bless you

Best Answer

You already are a surviver just stay strong

Best Answer

because say you got two black eyes, then everyone knows you've already been told twice.

Best Answer

For men, it is incredibly hard. Even though the USA's CDC recently found that 52% of victims are male, there is huge stigma for battered men and virtually no support from government nor charity. In many countries, a man is best NOT going to the police because he is quite likely to be arrested or ejected from his house despite being the victim.<br />
For women, contact your local government or do a web search and you should find someone to talk to, at least. You also can go direct to the police and expect to be believed, and helped.

Best Answer

It was difficult for me because my ex was a cop.

Best Answer

wow, you say was so i am guessing that you got out? What courage and strength

Best Answer

I was just to scared to stay...the only help I could find was my doctor. He bought me a bus ticket out of town and gave me a little money for a motel room.

Best Answer

i'm sure you went through alot and endured alot from him, it took courage to leave knowing he may find you, you are a strong woman.

Best Answer

If your referring to support of others ,I would think they are leery to get involved knowing both parties . If your talking getting out that's easy leave when the person is not home. There are always shelters ,safe places for abuse victims .

Best Answer

yes i tried to get help in my area and i was refused for a shelter.....called the domestic violence hotline and was told to go to the shelter that i was refused at

Best Answer

How sad for you ,I would contact your local government this should not be so hard for you to get out . I wish I could help you ,If you would like and are in the US ,I will contact the local police and file a complaint as a concerned neighbor . I do hope you find help soon ,WTF is wrong with the services in your area is beyond me .Please try to get a restraining order .Though this means nothing at times to a enraged animal that would do such a thing . Prayers and hugs for you to be helped ASP !

Best Answer

thank you very much for your concern's, i have been stabbed twice by him and is now in jail.....for only 3 years for almost taking my life, as soon as i get stronger i will sure be doing all i can to get my county to help people alot more then i have been helped, i was never referred to any counseling, no help at all, it's sad but i am trying my hardest to stay strong for my 2 little girl's, women are so much stronger emotionally and mentally, i'm sure my time will come when i am free from this, taking it one day at a time.

Best Answer