The reason we as adults have difficulty making friends nowadays has nothing to do with work or kids or marital status. It has to do with the fact that we no longer play in sand boxes. Remember being ages 6 through 12, yes 12; we were not distracted by electronics. The sandbox was the town hall for children. Boys carried a Tonka truck, girls some play cook wear and all you had to do was say, “can I play” and you made your best friend for the day. This happened at school, parks, a neighbor’s house, the beach, anywhere there was sand. We need an adult equivalent to the sandbox, a place where you could hang out and do your own thing and naturally merge your activity with a totally strangers until you all of a sudden were riding bicycles with him/her to the candy store. That’s how I did it anyway

Best Answer

You are living in a time when people can talk to people they don't know for answers so why would they need a real friend?<br />
I guess you really need to a place where someone needs you in their life like anyone could need you in their life you just have to ask.

Best Answer

I guess the reasons are different for different people. For me, I don't really know what to say most of the time and/or the person doesn't really make an attempt to get to know me. For example, if I ask a few questions about the person but they don't ask me anything, then I'll just stop talking to them. I'm not going to keep putting in the effort if they're not going to. <br />
Plus, I'm really shy.

Best Answer

Its weird when i was like three, i could walk up to another kid and say, "hi" and we would be friends for the next few months, but when your an adult, its all so worrying about if their dodgy, if their gonna nick your stuff, and if they are some sort of rapist pervert or stalker or something like that now days.

Best Answer

I used to be the same way. I could talk to anyone when I was a kid and made friends easily. People are harder to trust today.....

Best Answer