If everyone got them. I mean is just what everybody does, how can it still be cool? Seems boring, unimaginative and shows a social controlled mind! What do you think?
sfvq9801 sfvq9801 26-30, M 6 Answers Feb 8 in Hobbies

I think if you want to get piercings and tats, then get them (being mindful of your line of work), and if you don't....then don't. Different people find different things aesthetically pleasing for themselves, and now that it's becoming more socially acceptable for people to enjoy those things, it's no surprise that it's popping up more often. I don't find any of that particularly 'cool.' Before being in the ICU, I had a lot of piercings...many people I hung around weren't so into them, but I didn't get them for my friends. I also have tats, but they're generally never seen by anyone but me. I like them, I get them. It's my body, and it's about me....as it should be.

Best Answer

Totally agree, that is the way it should be.

Best Answer

I have a tattoo of my homeland flag.. It's 1cm square on my shoulder. I did it because I live overseas and I miss my country... I didn't have it done to look cool or anything.. I did it for me only.. :)

Best Answer

That I can understand, and seems logical and normal. What seems weird is that people with body-art think that they are being rebel by doing it.

Best Answer

Yes, or maybe that's how we see them... I don't see the attraction to have lots of tattoos... Especially on the face...

Best Answer

If someone has the need to express himself in that way then thats ok, but now it seems like everyone got some heavy ink everywhere, it just seems like population control to me.

Best Answer

I don't think its a rebel or cool thing anymore, its just a thing to have like some people have a nice car or big house, other people like tats or piercings

Best Answer

Yes that seems logical

Best Answer

The ship sailed on tat/piercing rebel coolness l o n g ago. Now they are what they are and nothing more.

Best Answer

Exactly!!

Best Answer

i disagree.. being plain and "normal" like society wants us to be is boring! why do you think they are frowned upon, cause its "rebelling".. when in reality we should be able to look the way we want, and not be judged about it.

Best Answer

the only robots are those who follow society norms.

Best Answer

But that is the thing, I don't think they are frowned at all. Eveyone has a thng or the other, who is going to frown? Society just want them to work and be productive and couldn't care less for body-art. Who is really plain and ''normal'' nowdays?

Best Answer

that is where you're wrong, as someone with them, i can confirm they are frowned upon. i have lost job opportunities because of them, and i have been made to cover them or remove them.

Best Answer

Ok you got a case. Where I work, seems like everyone has them, like all over, and I am the weird one for not feeling thrilled about them. I mean is totally ok to have them or not, but I have been ''frowned'' upon for not having them.

Best Answer

oh i see what you mean.. theres always two sides to everything,

Best Answer

Yes, thanks for your answer.

Best Answer

no prob :)

Best Answer

People feel they are expressing themselves

Best Answer

It just seems like they are being society robots.

Best Answer