Don't they cover the same amount of skin? (sometimes the latter even covers more!)
righteouschica righteouschica 18-21, F 26 Answers Sep 26, 2012 in Politics

its Girl Logic only a real Girl can explain that! i actually cant tell the difference between lingerie and a bikini...

Best Answer

Excellent question. It highlights the complete absence of standards of modesty in society. Neither lingerie nor bikinis should be acceptable clothing for wearing in public, in my opinion.

Best Answer

I always wondered that too. I feel embarrassed seeing girls in bikinis- to me they may as well be in underwear.

Best Answer

Well yes, but why not?
Why is it OK for men to go swimming in trunks, but not y-fronts?

Best Answer

I value modesty, I guess. In both genders.

Best Answer

i always wondered loool

Best Answer

i don't mind? oO

Best Answer

Most lingerie is too fragile to survive the perils of life in public places.

Best Answer

I have often wondered the same thing.

Best Answer

The bikinis are intended to titillate the public and attract the opposite sex, Lingerie Is for the enticement of a specific individual.

Best Answer

It is about intent and purpose. Much like women do not wear corsets and petticoats under their tshirt and jeans I would not recommend trying to swim in completely impractical garments for the sake of modesty. Plus it is about social norms. Not that long ago women wearing trousers was considered indecent.

Best Answer

With societies arbitrary rules its about perception. Bikinis have other purposes besides attracting guys ergo bikinis are not perceived in the same way as lingerie.

Yup were all just shaved monkeys.

Best Answer

Prudes always prudes, there will never be a free world while there are prudes.

Best Answer

underwear is intimate apparel, a bikini is a bathing suit. Intmacy is usually left under covers and not on the beach.

Best Answer

One is intended to titillate the public, the other a specific individual.

Best Answer

exactlly!

Best Answer

Sometimes hard to see the difference, but where I live, I see ladys in lingerie, shopping for groceriies. Usually they are not attractive and the esthetical experience is negative.

Best Answer

LOL omg

Best Answer

Lingerie is a bit more, umm, suggestive.

Best Answer