darkice123 darkice123 36-40, M 15 Answers Sep 27, 2012 in Hobbies

Society now speaks openly of things that have always occurred. There have always been affairs, and children born out of wedlock; well to do men who have had duplicate families on either side of the "tracks" where everyone was aware, but kept silent. And writings by the Marquis de Sade, Swinburne and Rousseau reveal there is absolutely NOTHING new under the sun regarding swinging, swapping, s&m, or anything else.

Best Answer

I don't think we're more open about affairs, people have ALWAYS had those. We're just willing to let people divorce over them now. As for open marriage well I'm of the mind that anything between two consenting adults (or three) should be legal so, y'know, whatever. I don't think an open marriage is an issue. It's not my marriage. Affairs are dishonest betrayals. So those are bad.

Best Answer

because it is what's basically written in our DNA? <br />
our instincts tell us to share our dna with as many as possible...because the dna becomes more mixed and it's less likely to build problems by having a kid with somone whos dna is too much like yours... thought usually our brain protects us from something like this...

Best Answer

I think it's partly to do with living longer and seeking a bit more variety.

Best Answer

Because society has become intolerably tolerant of everything under the sun barring murder, although that is arguable in the case of abortion and theft, although one could argue that using piracy of film as an example.

Best Answer

be cause society has more and more people working their ***** off bring home the bacon. hubbies and wives are so tired when they get home why not let the slaker down the street take care of the needs of the wife

Best Answer

I think for 2 reasons. Accessibility, and people are not afraid to be truthful in the eyes of society. And society does not punish like they used to. Society is evolving into one of understanding, little by little. Yes, I am an optimist.

Best Answer

Because the people that used to be the ones that condemned those things, are the ones getting caught doing them now. Plus we have a bunch of online TV shows that talk a lot about sex and how to make it better. It is just more mainstream at this point. https://www.theexperiencechannel.com/shows/novanilla/

Best Answer

I think it has always been. The way life has evolved, everything and almost everyone comes out of the closet.

Best Answer

I don't think society is more open to it...I think more opinions and answers are readily available then they where 25 and 30 years ago...Technology advances and then so does communication...think about it 20 years ago you couldn't "twitter a famous actress and say their movie horrible." or tell a nfl football player their played a crappy game but in today's society you can...people opinions reach across oceans so you get hear more about everything now

Best Answer

I think it has to do with the media. Open marriage, swinging, cuckoldry and polyamory get a lot of press. I'm not sure how long that has been going on in the public mind, but I think it's relatively new. <br />
The more couples consider it, the more likely we are to try it. At least, that's how it worked for us. I'm sure as we get older, we'll fall out of that lifestyle. We aren't exactly swingers or open marriage types. My husband prefers that I see other men and tell him the details later. <br />
He first got the idea from some write ups on the internet, then from some books he purchased online. I began to read the same writings and came around to agreeing after several months of talking about it. The first man I agreed to see was a co-worker in my office and eventually my boss. I have since changed jobs.

Best Answer