repeekbmurc repeekbmurc 16-17, F 8 Answers Jan 25 in Community

Because it originally came from the marshmallow plant back in ancient Egypt...pronunciations change a lot over time I guess.

Best Answer

why don't we pronounce the 'k' in words like 'knife' or 'know'? why are there three different spellings and meanings that have the same sound? (two, too, to)

welcome to the english language :p

Best Answer

Which is why I feel sorry for foreigners trying to learn English.

Best Answer

and there isn't just one english language either. there's american english, english english (uk/europe), and those wacky aussies seem to have their own version of it as well.

Best Answer

Its easier than Cantonese - lol

Best Answer

The name even sounds difficult.

Best Answer

It isn't marshmellow because after eating a lot of them you aren't mellow; you are hyper from the sugar.....

Best Answer

I think it should be spelled mellow because they are good munchie food and when you're high, you're mellow.

Best Answer

Hmm well that is a good way of looking at it too. Either way I don't care because they are delicious. :P

Best Answer

Absolutely delicious.

Best Answer

Yep.. I like to take a couple of them and start to mash them up, like you would with dough. They get all sticky like taffy; so good. Only problem is your hands get sticky.

Best Answer

Lol I just like to throw and handful in my mouth and pretend I'm noming on clouds. So fluffy and bouncy.

Best Answer

Haha, nothing wrong with that. I like the mini ones and like to throw them up and catch them in my mouth.

Best Answer

Lol yeah those were the ones I was eating. Every time I try to catch food with my mouth, I almost choke.

Best Answer

Ah okay. And yeah, it takes some practice to get good at it. When I was younger I used to choke all the time. The other day I had some of the larger ones and my brother wanted me to throw one across the room to him so he could catch it in his mouth. I threw it right into his mouth, he didn't even have to move; it was pretty awesome. :P

Best Answer

Haha one time, I was sucking cap'n crunch berries off a spoon and one of them got lodged in my throat.

Best Answer

Faught. Enough.Through.

Best Answer

What? Those are all completely different sounded. If you were using those as examples.

Best Answer

My point is that the English language is crazy. Those examples are basically the same letters but are pronounced vastly different.

Best Answer

Ah lol. English is very very confusing.

Best Answer

i have no idea, but that's a great point u just pointed out. :) i never thought of that.

Best Answer

Well I was stuffing my face with marshmellows (I'm just going to spell it that way now) so that thought just popped into my head.

Best Answer

well, that was a really good question u gave out. i'm proud of you. :)

Best Answer

Ha. Thanks.

Best Answer

ur welcome. ;)

Best Answer

Because we are ALLOWed to eat them

Best Answer

That makes a lot of sense (not really) but I like your answer.

Best Answer

because everyone pronounces it incorrectly...go watch sandlot and you'll see what i mean

Best Answer